Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new track within an exsiting domain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can some please help !!!

I am trying to crate an new track within our existing domain. I keep in getting <b>DTR (URL http://d-slr-nds:50000/dtr) server exception: User "cmsadm" has not enough privileges to create workspace forder "ws/testr".</b>

The workspace (testr) exsists in the DTR.

I have assigned all the privileges to user cmsadm via the Developer studio (saved and activated). I have also refreshed ACL & updated CMS.

We are using ABAP+Java 6.40 SP10

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for you help, but I ended up creating/installing a new server with the latest SP and everything seems to be working.

Regards,

Rishi

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

if I may just expand the discussion a bit - actually the most easy way to see what users/roles/actions are required in the NWDI, is to take a look at the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3b/ca7d706cc84304ac1a52f7956e80b7/frameset.htm">Development Infrastructure Security Guide</a>.

Hope that helps!

Regards, Jordan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivasan,

I can not find the role NWDI.Administrator group or role. Can i down load it ?

Thanks

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is nothing to download.

You have to create the following users, groups and roles in the UME (http://<host>:<port>/useradmin

Roles - NWDI.Administrator, NWDI.Developer

Groups - NWDI.Administrators, NWDI.Developers

Users - NWDI_CMSADM (or CMSadm), NWDI_ADM, NWDI_DEV....

Map the group NWDI.Administrators to role NWDI.Administrator

Map the group NWDI.Developers to role NWDI.Developer

And carry out the steps I said earlier in the VA.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed the instruction, however :-

NWDI role or group did not exist, so create them and assign CMSadm user to group.

Even after mapping the groups and users to LcrInstanceWriterAll, i can not see the assignment via UME.

looking at the trace file i'm getting

<b>Exception in method newTrackConfiguration</b>

Thanks

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the UME, select Role 'NWDI.Administrator' and assign the actions CBS.Administrator, and CMS.Administrate.

And for the NWDI.Developer, assign the actions CBS.Developer, CMS.Display and CMS.Export.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned all Groups and roles to CMSAdm via UME still with no luck !

Regards

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you assign the correct actions to the NWDI.Adminstrators role as defined in the NWDI installation guide?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error shows that the user 'cmsadm' has not enough privileges. Do/check the following:

1. In the UME, assign the user 'cmsadm' to the group 'NWDI.Administrators' which in turn has to be assigned to the role 'NWDI.Administrator'

2. Start the Visual Administrator->server->security provider->Policy Configuration->select sap.com/com.saplcr*ld->security role and map the NWDI.Administrators to the J2EE/SLD role 'LcrInstanceWriterAll'

3. Logon to the J2EE Engine once with the user and change password as required.

This will solve your problem.

Regards

Srinivasan T