cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Workflow doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Step 1 : User "Creater" created workflow for table customer which has two stages "review" and review username as "reviewer","Approve" stage and approver user name is "approver"

Step 2 : User "data1" added a record in customer database. Workflow moved to "reviewer". but,I am able to modify/view added mdm record by all the users in mdm. In this case,what is the use of workflow?

With MDM 5.5 SP3 API,can I know workflow completed records?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that you can always set whether you need "Check Out" or not as part of your "Start" step's property settings.

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

As soon as u will launch a workflow,the record will be in a <b>check out mode</b>. U can not modify that record. If approver will reject that record than it will come back to process user. He has the rights to make change in that record.

As per your question : Because in your Data Manager while defining workflow u gave Trigger Action: <b>Manual</b>, for new record the work flow will not launch at all. So you can make change for that record.

<b>Owner of workflow has the right to monitor whole workflow process</b>.

Also check the Assignee user property in workflow. Only that user can make change to that record.

All user can view all records but only assigneed user can change it.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ronak

<i><b>Please mark helpful answer</b></i>

Message was edited by: Ronak Gajjar