cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two elements in Table CellEditor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whether it is possible in the table (CellEditor) to insert a sheaf of elements? For example Caption and TextEdit? It is necessary for a news line. Can there is other way of visualization. I shall be glad to your offers!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kostya,

This is impossible: you can neither add more then one editor nor use "container" as editor (with nested ellements).

However, you may try TablePopin (check whether or not it's supported by your NW version). This is special editing/viewing area that is displayed below every row. You can put any number of elements in popin.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, exists one way - dinamic programming?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kostya,

Your use case isn't clear. Do you want to implement something like ?

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create simple news board (NewsCaption(IWDCaption) and NewsBody(IWDTextView)). Probably to place them into one CellInTable. Super!!! else dinamic programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you only want to display news, you can use a context node "NewsItems" with attributes "HeaderText", "Text" etc. and write code like the following in method wdDoModifyView() to rebuild the view after a change of the data:

boolean newsChanged= ...;
if (newsChanged)
{
  IWDUIElementContainer panel = (IWDUIElementContainer) view.getElement("NewsPanel");
  panel.destroyAllChildren();
  for (int i = 0; i < wdContext.nodeNewsItems().size(); ++i)
  {
    INewsItemsElement item = wdContext.nodeNewsItems().getNewsItemsElementAt(i);
    IWDCaption header = (IWDCaption) view.createElement(IWDCaption.class, null);
    header.setText(item.getHeaderText());
    panel.addChild(item);
    IWDTextView content = (IWDTextView) view.createElement(IWDTextView.class, null);
    content.setText(item.getText());
    panel.addChild(content);
  }
}

I omitted the code for the layout and layout data, but you should get the idea.

Armin

Answers (0)