Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prequisite need in XI and SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have an interview and they asked me an questions

1) What is the prequsites to be done in XI and SAP system for idoc transfer from XI to SAP or vice versa?

2) What type of adapter are used in SAP?

3) How do you test in intergration directory ?

It would be helpful if you can reply as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

Points will be rewarded

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The prequsites to be done in XI and SAP system for idoc transfer from XI to SAP or vice versa?

Initially RFC destinations to be created in XI system pointing to R/3 and in R/3 system pointing to XI.

Outgoing IDOC from R/3 (R/3 Side Config)

-

WE21 create a port & while creating it give the RFC destination which point to the XI system.

WE20 Create a partner profile in partner KU (for outgoing). The partner number you give here should already be defined in R/3 with partner type KU. In the outbound parameters of this newly created partner profile, Enter the port number created in step 1 for Receiver port, Message type, Partner role, Basic IDOC type all in the Output options tab.

Then in the Message Control tab you need to enter the Application, Message type & Process Code. You have F4 help for all of these.

In BD54 RFC destination name has to be defined as the logical system name (Logical system Name or RFC destination name – always keep it 10 chars or you might face a problem in SLD inside XI.

Finally if your scenario demands that an IDOC is automatically created when you save a transaction then in the output parameters of that transaction you need to select EDI as the output parameter.

(XI Side Config)

-

6. IDX1 create a port & while creating it give the RFC destination which point to the R/3 system.

7. IDX2 for the port created in step 6, load the IDOC metadata from the R/3 client which is sending the IDOC to XI.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<i>prequsite</i>

prequsite for IDoc to File :

In XI

SM59 - R3 connection pointing to R3

IDX1 - define the port with the above dest.

In R3

SM59 - R3 connection pointing to XI

WE21 - define the port with the above dest.

WE20 - Partner profile type outbound

and also see this blog...

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

<i>

What type of adapter are used in SAP?</i>

IDOC or RFC

sekhar