cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Backend system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SRM 4.0 , Classic scenario , BE system - R/3 4.7 E.

Because of business scenario, I want to change my back-end system.I want to know the implications of changing BE system on existing master data & transactional data.

Also let me know whether it is advisable to do this or not? if yes what care I have to take.

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pravin,

when the product masters are created in SRM from the downloaded business objects 'material' , SRM passes a GUID to backend.

With every product masters the logical system is assigned the backend from which you downloaed the business objects.

Also in all integration settings also the SID of yr original backend would be mentioned.

That definitely you will have to change.

There should not be any problem if you are doing all your integration settings carefully and download the customizing and business objects again from new backend.

Then SRM will start talking to new backend.

Remember you will have to take care for references in Org structure also.

There is a provision in SRM to work with seperate backend depending on product categories.(just thought you can think in that way also.)

BR

Dinesh

(Helpful? pl. reward the points.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Dinesh,

I am worried about my my old data ,documents & history & Catalogs? How I should take care of that.

Is there any problems with WF?

Other than ref. & attribute (ACS,BUK etc)anything I have to change in Org. structure?

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think the Log for the old data will be affected.Also regarding the developments,if you have hardcoded the value for the Backend system(Developments in whcih RFC call has been done),please make the necessary changes there.

Also,in the Org structure,other than attributes ACS and BUK,you may have to change the foll attributes also:

BSA-->Document Type in R/3 System

BWA-->Movement type

SYS-->System Alias

VENDOR_ACS--->Accounting System for Vendor

VENDOR_SYS-->system Alias for Vendor.

WF's wont get affected unless you have made any custom developemnts in the WF's(e.g. Use of BADI's/RFC calls to the R/3 system).

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

thanx for yr input.

I will do the necessory changes in my dev. client.

Hope there should not be any additional problems.....

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to change all customizing settings ( logical and/or RFC destinations everywhere).Also,you will have to start the initial load of materials again from the new backend system.

While doing this,you will be able to replicate DNL_CUST_BASIS3, DNL_CUST_PROD0 but before replicating DNL_CUST_PROD1 from the backend, un-assign the R3PRODHIER from product application.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.