cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object doesn't support this property or method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am seeing a strange error in Visual Composer. We are running Netweaver 2004s SP8 and I can access the VC fine. I can create models but when I try and drag (or just Click) on a BAPI from our CRM system I get the following error:

Line: 13799

Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

I can work with other systems with no problem (BW, HR, etc) just not the CRM System. Any insight? Points will be rewarded.

Cheers,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem is caused by some bug in the Javascript code that is running in the browser.

You may be able to find the cause by looking in the default.trc trace file on the server (using logviewer) or in the jrfc.trc file on the server.

If you want to find the root cause get a Javascript debugger installed on your system, allow debugging in IE, and press yes when the error occurs and IE asks if you want to debug. Then you could post the lines here and we would know what happened.

My guess is that there was an error communicating with your CRM system and it was not handled. It is then handled by IE by popping up that error.

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Does this only occur when using BAPI's from your CRM system? Can you create portal iviews based on this system? Does the connection test in the portal work?

Jarrod Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jarrod,

Yes this only occurs with BAPI's from my CRM system. And the connection test works and we also have iviews based off the system.