cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web AS J2E instance 0 Installation problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody see the following trace and tell me what the problem is. If i try to start J2E instance 0 i get this stack trace. Because of this i am not able to finish my installation. Please its urgent. Thanx in advance.

-

trc file: "D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\work\dev_jcontrol", trc level: 1, release: "640"

-

node name : jcontrol

pid : 784

system name : J2E

system nr. : 00

started at : Thu Dec 09 14:34:56 2004

arguments :

arg[00] : D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\os_libs\jcontrol.exe

arg[01] : pf=D:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\profile\J2E_JC00_tcs039755

JStartupReadInstanceProperties: read instance properties [D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\instance.properties;D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\config\sdm_jstartup.properties]

-> ms host : tcs039755

-> ms port : 3601

-> OS libs : D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\os_libs

-> Admin URL :

Used property files

-> files [00] : D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\instance.properties

-> files [01] : D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\config\sdm_jstartup.properties

Instance properties

-> ms host : tcs039755

-> ms port : 3601

-> os libs : D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\os_libs

-> admin URL :

Bootstrap nodes

-> [00] bootstrap : D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\instance.properties

Worker nodes

-> [00] sdm : D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\config\sdm_jstartup.properties

Thu Dec 09 14:34:56 2004

• ERROR => can't adjust privileges (rc=1300) [jstartnt.c 1053]

• ERROR => can't set privilege (rc=-1) [jstartnt.c 958]

JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode=-1)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that you are trying to install the Sneek Preview from SDN.

I had the same problem with my installation. This is what i did and it did work for me.

In the SAP MMC double click on the MAX DB instance and make sure it is running. If it is not running just go to Administrative Services-->Services and Start SapDb: J2E, where J2E is the name of the instance.

Now restart the installation by clicking on Install Directory/InstallationMasterIM01_NT_I386SAPINSTNTI386sapinst.exe and select to reinstall this will replace your previous installation.

You can just follow the installation guide from here. One more thing make sure that you change the default value of memory allocated to MAX DB from 1024MB to 512MB. I had problem with it eventhough i have 2GB memory on my laptop

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/downloaditem.sdn?res=/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/... enterprise portal 6.0 sp4 netweaver stack 4 developer sneak preview download.abst

Hope it will fix your problem.

You can also find the same issue discussed at

Thanks

Sheshu

0 Kudos

Well, I'm now having the same problem of starting JC00, the trace file dev_jcontrol says:

[Thr 2672] Fri Apr 01 08:27:51 2005

[Thr 2672] *** ERROR => can't adjust privileges (rc=1300) [jstartnt.c 1056]

[Thr 2672] *** ERROR => can't set privilege (rc=-1) [jstartnt.c 961]

[Thr 2672] JControlCloseProgram: started (exitcode = -1)

[Thr 2672] JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode=-1)

I tried the suggestions posted here regarding the local security policy and user rights. My user id (I used to install the NWDS), j2eadmin and SAPServiceJ2E all belong to user group Administrators and this group has every privilidges. I also check the MAX HEAP size other thread suggested, but still I cannot get past this problem.

One thing strange though is: under /cluster, I only has folder bootstrape, there is not dispatcher and server0. Would this be the problem? I uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times already, so please help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread with thanks to Alan Coleman helped me. Basically it resizes the JVM heap before completing installation.

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramnish,

I found the following thread with a message in the last post. Its worth a try although I encountered the same error and got past it without doing it. Unfortunately I was not very scientific in my approach and did not document all the things that I did.

Out of interest what happens if you right click on the 0 node in the MMC select properties what do you see? You should see SAP_J2E_<YourUserName> with the Allow permission.

Also in Computer Management Console of your host make sure that the user j2eeadm is a member of SAP_J2E_GlobalAdmin, SAP_J2E_<YourUserName> & SAP_<YourUserName>. The same goes for your SAPServiceJ2E user

An outside chance is to try taking the machine of the network (Unplug cable) and ensure that when you log into your host (not domain). I don’t think that this will change anything but this is how I did my installation. I also had another problem prior to the one you have and had to take ownership of the file system with the Administrator user that I was using for the installation.

I would very much like to know the cause of this problem but I think at this point if you still have no luck it might be best to try a fresh install. The password that I used was “admin123”.

God help us if the same problem occurs!

Please feel free to assign points if I have been of any help.

Thanks & Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Wala Wala Wala Wala, Finally the SAP WebAS has come back to My PC".

Hi Daniel, First of all thank you so so so so so much for helping me out. Finally my installation is complete, everything is running fine but as my PC has 512MB RAM, everything is quite slow.

Well, first of all i did all the things that you said in your previous reply. Next i saw the link that u gave me and did all the things that were listed on that link. I stopped all the things that were started. Then i restarted my installation and everything went as smooth as it can be, but i said it was slow becoz of low RAM.

Daniel, i dont know how to thank you, But CHEERS to you.

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great to hear.

Since you are low on memory make sure that your os has plenty of page file available to it.

Right Click my Computer>Advanced Tab> Performance Settings button>Advanced Tab>Virtual Memory Change button> Highlight OS installation drive> Select Custom Size>Adjust to reasonable level for both(i.e. 1024 - 2048)>Click Set.

Cheers

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

You should not need to - But rebooting is always a good measure when it comes to windows.

What happens if you start both of the services from windows manually before attempting resuming this installation? Do the services start? Try starting (or restarting them) then see if the engine comes up. If it does start up (all lights green) then try resuming the installation at this point. Hopefully with the services\engine being started the installation process won’t try to start them and then encounter this failure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel, I manually restarted everything that is related to SAP from services.exe and everyone shows status "Started". But if i check SAP MMC, then i can see only "enserver" and "msg_server" started, but in instance "0" i see "jcontrol (J2EE)" stopped, with the above developer trace. Also inorder to save any problem with JDK, i have installed the one that came with the preview edition. Also, if i check log of installation i see some log file created while starting "J200", but if i search for the log file it doesnt exist ob my hard drive. Let me know if u still want more info, or should i start a complete new installation. Also give me the password that u used while installing it, Though my password fulfills the password policy.

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramnish,

Ok, I’m running out things to suggest…

Can you tell me what stage of the install are you at?.

When you get this error do you get the retry option? If so try stopping the both the services wait a few minutes until the are stopped (verify with the MMC) and then hit retry….

Anther thing to try is the User Rights Assignment and give J2EADM, SAPServiceJ2E and your Administrator user the “Log on as a service”, “Log on locally”, “Take ownership of files or other objects”.

Also the passwords that you provided to the installation do they all meet the local policy requirements? Check this by going to:

Start Menu>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative tools>Local Security Policy>Account Policy>Password Policy.

If they don’t then try a new install and ensure that the password you use meets the requirements as specified in the policy. (eg min length etc).

Does your machine meet the minimum system requirements for the installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Daniel, Here it goes again. I am getting stuck at "Start SAP J2EE Engine" step pf the install process. I get the message "Starting SCS01", and after this i get "Starting J200", but suddenly i get the message "J200 stopped". If i try opening in MMC, i get the developer trace of the first message of this thread.

Also i dont get any retry option and the install process simply stalls at this moment and i have to manually stop the install process.

Also i gave “Log on as a service”, “Log on locally” access to J2EADM and SAPServiceJ2E. But i was not allowed to give “Take ownership of files or other objects” rights to either of them, even though i belong to administrators group and i have made these 2 users also belong to administrators group.

Lastly i check the password policy and my password nicely fits in it. Initially when i gave a weird password i used get hanged at "MaxDB post processing", But then i changed password, made it compatible to my policy and then i am getting stuck here.

And yes my machine fits all the system requirements except that i have 512MB RAM. Let me know if this can the reason. Also let me know if u want more information.

Thanx Daniel for the help. Also tell me do i need to retart my computer after adjusting the privileges??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

I'm trying to install the SAP WS 6.4SP9 on Windows 2003 server and I'm getting error at step 22 out of 23,Unable to start SAP J2EE engine.I was following all you step and solution in this thread and I check all my system profile which match you solution.I'm running on Window 2003 on VM and having 1GB RAM,2.8 GHz intel pentium processor speed.

I'm getting following error:

<b>ERROR 2005-04-05 15:33:46

MUT-03011 Execution of the command "C:\usr\sap/J2E/JC00/j2ee/os_libs/jcmon.exe 'pf=C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\profile/J2E_JC00_uo1035shvm'" finished with return code 128. Output: snipped and also

ERROR 2005-04-05 15:17:57

FSL-06002 Error 1455 (The paging file is too small for this operation to complete.

) in execution of a 'CreateProcess' function, line (278), with parameter</b>

Could you please guide me with this installation

Thanks

Subha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Daniel. I have 2 users created as per name J2EADM and SAPServiceJ2E. To both of these users i gave complete administrative privileges. Also i did the policy settings. But still i am continuing to get the same problem. But if i look into services.exe then i find both J2E01 and J2E00 started. But i am not able to deploy anything on it nor can i see it. Let me know if u want more information. Thanx in advance.

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramnish,

Can you see if the Installation has created any new users on you machine (look for j2eeadm and SAPServiceJ2E)? If these users are present then add these users to you administrators group with full privileges and assign the same policy settings.

I am assuming that you are installing on XP SP1?

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel. Thanx for explainig me in details how to do it. But as u said i did all the things and restarted my installation but i still keep getting the same message. Is there any other work around for this. Please let me know. Thanx in advance.

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramnish,

To ensure that these policies are set you must perform the following steps:

Navigate to the security policy console via:

Start Menu>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative tools>Local Security Policy

In the window for the Local Security Policy you will find each of the following:

Adjust memory quotas for a process

Act as part of the operating system

Replace a process level token

Double click on each of the items listed & click the button “Add User or Group”. In the next window enter the username that you are performing the installation with and apply.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello daniel, Thank you for the reply. Well i have full Administrative privileges and i am using my account while installation. Now as per ur help, i can't get what things are u saying me to do. I mean can u explain in more detail the 3 tasks u talked about in previous reply. Also it would be great if u tell me exactly how to do it. Well Thanx in advance.

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramnish,

Check that the user that you are performing the installation with has full administration privileges and the following policy privileges:

Act as part of the operating system

Increase quotas

Replace a process level token

Regards

Daniel