cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Parameter type of 'ReturnMessages' must be a build-in type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I create an outbound and inbound flug from a view to another embedded controller interface view. The plug has couple parameters type string. But there is a parameter named "ReturnMessages" which hold an array of errors. The type of this parameter is ArrayList of java.Ultil.ArrayList.

When i do a build, it gives me an error: Parameter type of 'ReturnMessages' must be a build-in type. The build-in type is the primative type like string, int, date, ... but not ArrayList.

1) How do i fix this issue?

2) Is it some kind of bug of the NDS tool? I use the SS15 support pack. The reason i wonder if it is a bug or not because the tool does allow me to pick a parameter type ArrayList and it gives me an error saying that i can't use it.

Thank you very much for any suggestion and idea. It will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think EP6.0 wont support it for ArrayList.

But there is a workaround for this.

For that you can use String(All Error Msgs) with delimiters(@@@). But in the response view, create a StringTokenizer using this String with Delimiters.

Ex;-

StringTokenizer st = new StringTokenizer(String errors,"@@@");

Correct me, if there is another solution for this.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the work around. But do we have a real solution for this? Because it make the developers very confuse that they can pick out a more complex parameter type but then they can't use it at all.

Also, if i am not mistaken that i think Java recommend that we shouldn't use the StringTokenizer class library at all?

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In EP.70, you can use ArrayList Directly.

I am not sure about StringTokenizer, have performance issues.

Regards,

Sridhar