cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download a file in integrated ITS without Java

tim_kich
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am writing a webgui application that will allow our customers/suppliers to download a text file from an internal table, but I can't guarantee that they will have Java installed on their desktop. I have tried using the class cl_gui_frontend_services, but this does not work without Java being installed. I have tried the mime-download command, but the text file does not look correct. I suspect this is because it is a webgui application and not a standard IAC/business HTML application. We are running integrated ITS release 640, patch level 15.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Did you get any solution? I am also facing the same problem. kindly advice me if you any solution.

thanks

Gopal

tim_kich
Explorer
0 Kudos

Gopalkrishna, what I did is create another blank screen with just a button on it to actually download the internal table. When I converted this screen to HTML in SE80, I generated it in the classic style. When the user clicks on the download button, I use the mime-download command to actually download the file. I will have to make a few changes to presentation of the screen, but this seems to work fine.

Hope this helps.

Tim

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Your solution seems to be interesting but I am not sure if it will solve my problem.

In my case "File Download" option first pops-up a window for file browse (for selecting the path where file has to be downloaded) and file name.

Before this popup window I get all the Java check and file properties page. I want to suppress this so that it directly opens the file browse window.

Actually I am not able to visualize your solution.

I will appreciate if you can kindly send me some screenshots of your development at gopalbaliga2003@yahoo.co.in.

Are you not having file browse window?

Thanks

Gopal

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

how about using the viewing interface of office integration? With it you can open the text file and the user can save it. There is a demo report SAPRDEMOVIEWING which should show you how to use it.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HEllo Mr. Klause layer, i need one help, could you please send me one program which contain parameters and radio buttons only , becaue i have to develop its program in se80, but i don't have any example and also i am new for its.