cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap Receiver : how to convert application/xml of payload to text/xml?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get a purchase order xml from SRM with payload as "MainDocument(application/xml)". The receiving system is a Webmethods service that can only accept text/xml. If I try using the testing facility of the runtime workbench (Testing tab under IE under Component monitoring) by pasting my required xml payload, it works because the payload is generated as "PayloadName(text/xml)".

Is there some easy way to change this to "MainDocument(text/xml)"? I am using SOAP receiver adapter and have selected/checked the 'Do not use SOAP envelope', 'Keep Headers' boxes. If I use '&nosoap=true' at the end of the URL, I am getting a 'Unknownservice' exception back from the receiving system.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Per default the SOAP adapter sends the SOAP message the content type text/xml. So you need not do anything special.

When you check "Do not use SOAP envelope", the default contnet type is application/xml. You can change the content type like this: Go to the SOAP receiver communication channel module tab. Add the module "localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean" <b>before</b> the standard module. Add the parameter name Transform.ContentType and value text/xml

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan. This resolved my problem. The only other thing I had to do was to uncheck the 'Keep Headers' option that I had earlier done.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Stefan,

very interesting information!

Do you know where we can find a complete list of parameters and acceptable values of the Standard Modules (MessageTransformBean, PayloadSwap, Anonymizer etc)? The only parameters/values I've gathered so far were the ones poured by you SAP guys on this forum. :~

Regards,

Henrique.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are notes for it. For example: note 793922 describes the MessageTransformBean, note 794943 describes the PayloadSwapBean.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I'm facing the same problem. I have added the "localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean" and checked the "Do not use SOAP envelope".

then to i'm facing the same error. Can u plz guide me.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pragati,

You do not need to select option <b>Do not Use SOAP envelope.</b>

For you error just try with the Module and check.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

thnks for u replies, i have tried this but facing some issues.

If i uncheck option <b>Do not Use SOAP envelope</b> the again it gives me the error "com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML" in response msg id.

Also u said that there is no need to use bpm, but the flow of my data is first to R/3 where it creates a employee record and then the same data is passed to mdm.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this blog (part 3)

/people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/01/09/troubleshooting-soap-message--xi

Stefan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

This might help you

Thanks & Regards,

Agasthuri Doss

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Can you explain the Flow still more, May i know why did you go for SOAP Adapter.

Thanks & Regards

Agasthuri Doss