cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML definition -> SAP data dictionary structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have to convert SAP invoice data into a special XML format ! For this I have the XML definition: DTD, XSD and XSL. In order to to the transformation I need a corresponding SAP data dictionary structure ! Is there a way to generate this structure based on the XML definition ?

Thanks for your reply

Regards Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We could load the xsd definition into XI

Thanks all for the support

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain more about your Scenario (Flow ) ,

Thanks & Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to send outgoing invoices via XML and special Format "Finvoice" (where we have the XSD and DTD definition)to an operator. Therefore we are looking for to solutions: 1. Creating standard Invoice IDOC and map it in XI or 2. to write a program to collect the Invoice data into a dictionary structure and use the NetWeaver environment to convert with "TRANSFORMATION ID" into XML. But I thought for both ways we need a SAP dictionary structure which is quite a bit of work to manually define - therefore an automatic generation based on the XSD or DTD would be very helpful

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to do it via XI

you can send the invoice (standard IDOC from SAP)

and map it in XI to an XML structure

(and in the XI you can load it from XSD or DTD)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal - many thanks for the quick answer - only to understand you right - the only thin we would have to do in XI is loading XSD or DTD and mapp the IDOC segments ?

Thanks for your feedback

Stefan

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go for XSD that is good when compare to DTD,

In DTD we cannot reuse and no type specific.

Thanks & Regards

Agasthuri Doss