cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link an .chm file to the help button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I´m quite new in the sap-srm field and I have a brief and hopefully simple question. Maybe I´m a bit blind but I can´t find a possibility to link the help button (Enterprise Buyer) with my own help-file.

Is there someone who can help me?

Thanks in advance

Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is an alternative way to do this without altering any SAP-delivered code. I posted this in another thread (Link: []), but I'll repeat it here:

I think technically it's intended that you use Knowledge Warehouse to do this, but it's not necessary. You can go to the IMG and navigate to SAP Web Application Server -> General Settings -> Setting Variants for Help (SAP Library) (or directly via transaction SR13), go to the PlainHtmlHttp tab, and create an entry. Give the variant a name of your choice, set Platform to NONE, Area to IWBHELP (select Documentation), set Server Name to the fully-qualified hostname of your webserver (like intranet.company.com), and Path to the URL (minus hostname) of your custom documentation (like /docs/srm/ourcustomdocs). You have to put something in the Language field, so set it to English or whatever is appropriate for your organization. Check the Default box, and ensure that no other variant on any of the four tabs that has Platform=NONE has the Default box checked. Save (creates a transport), and voila! You're done.

Note that with this solution, you can have separate help destinations for that help link based on whether your users are in the SRM web interface or in the SAPGUI. If you have another variant for Platform=WN32, and mark it as Default, that one will be used for SAPGUI users. It can be on a different tab if that is appropriate for you. For us, for instance, we find it useful to have SAPGUI users, who tend to be IT support analysts for SRM, to point at the SAP-delivered documentation, since it helps them with configuration, etc, while web users, who tend to be endusers, point at our custom documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but now I have an additional question regarding the format. Is the format a .chm file or should it be linked to a html page?

Thanks in Advance

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here in the std,you will have to provide the link to the HTML page.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

wow, that was really! quick. Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to modify the ITS service "BBPHELP" and template "BBPHELP_1000".

You may add the link to your file in the foll line:

var helpURL="`FRONTEND_URL`";

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.