cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people,

I am doing an approach document for migrating an integration solution in IBM Data stage (Commonly Mercator) to SAP XI landscape.Can some one help me out to find the necessary resources for these kind of migration initiatives from a xy application to XI?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthilnathan,

I worked on this Scenerio sometime before, but never implemented it.what i come acrossed is

Mercator uses a proprietery mapping tool. In another word, it's mapping program can only be used by Mercator.

Mercator also provides an API to access its mapping program from external sources. There is an additional license fee for the API library.

In SAP XI Java mapping can be written to use the Mercator API to access the Mercator mappig programs.

Kindly go thru this.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e712914a-0801-0010-f68f-9d2...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/13926f23-0a01-0010-149c-c11...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/135b0b94-0701-0010-f6a9-86a...

Thanks & Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doss,

Thanks for the reply. I am finding difficulty in importing couple of documents you sent. if possible send them by mail

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Senthilnathan,

I am able to open the files, Kindly check whether PDF is installed in you machine. Pass your Email ID, sure i will sent some documents to you. Have a nice day,

Thanks & Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Agasthuri,

I have a customer on SAP ECC 6.0 and DB2 z/OS.

They are asking the following questions:

"Can you help us out by getting us some information about a product we use

here and are planning on using for our integration with SAP? The product

is called IBM (formerly Ascential) DataStage. It is an ETL tool but it has

a special add-on part that knows how to read the SAP data dictionary and

can execute RFCs and BAPIs and can help us transform our flat files into

IDOCs. We are wondering if any other SAP customers are using this tool for

integration of their legacy with SAP and also what SAP's official stance on

using the product for this situation is."

Could you please answer some of this questions or point me to a right direction?

Thanks,

Tatyana Zhigalov

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

First of all you should understand that IBM Datastage and XI are only the tools. They cannot save the data like database.

So when you are migrating your data from Datastage(let it be 7.5Px or 6.0 or any version)you should have your data in any database say Oracle, SQL, DB2 etc. If you want to migrate that data into R/3 you can directly convert with conversions possible. Also if you want to send data via XI then you will use a sender JDBC adapter to connect to the database and get data into XI. From XI you have to decide whether you want to send once again into a database or File or IDOC. So depending upon your requirement you will use the necessary adapter and load your data from end to end.

Also with Datastage you have an inbuilt R/3 plugin. So go through that help which comes in Datastage help to find out how to migrate your data into R/3.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

---Satish