cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a check out?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with a file, which seems to be checked out. A check in is not possible because the computer was re-installed with windows.

When I try to synchronize the sources of this java file the following build process tells me the file is write protected, which is true. So I have to manually unprotect the file, but sometimes changes are not really possible. I just checked it out, modified it and checked it in, but after a new sync the changes are lost

Is there a possibility to see which files are checked out? I tried to use the DTRShell but I can't find a suitable command

Regards, Nils.

Edit: I get the modified file after I remove the write protection. However...

Message was edited by: Nils Winkler

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The function <i>uncheck out</i> is used to discard changes done to resources in the context of the activity.

In the context of an activity, choose <i>Uncheck out</i> and in the dialog box, choose OK.

Now, the changes done in that activity will be discarded.

Regards

Srinivasan T

0 Kudos

Hi,

my problem is that I don not have the activity for this file because the wndows installation was rebuild.

So I can't access the activity which was created on this pc.

Regards, Nils.

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

then you cannot cancel that activity. if you are able to see the activity mean you can cancel by reverting the activity will get the old file data.

Regards, Suresh KB

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nils,

See if this helps.

1. Log on to DTR Web UI with Administrator user.

2. Search for the activity. Even if you dont remember the name search for all the open activities. There is a search report which is integrated with DTR Web UI. i dont have a system right now else would have sent the exact link.

3. Once you find the relevant activity navigate to it by clicking on the link.

4. On the top right hand corner there is drop down from there select revert activity.

Be aware that you will lose all the changes done. Hopefully this should work.

Regards

Sidharth