cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping RFC-Connections open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a scenario where users need to work with sap data using external software. Since these operations require some time, we need to lock objects in sap using standard sap enqueues (actually, the same function modules that the application uses are called). In order to keep these locks, it is necessary that the rfc-connection stays open as long as the user is working, i.e. some 5 minutes to a couple of hours.

Are there any problems that might arise from keeping rfc connections open? I can see in SM04 that they consume a little memory (no problem), but apart from that? Or any other ideas/comments on how to avoid keeping the connection open?

Cheers, Nils

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Increase the value for the parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time.

Aslo check is there any error listed in SM21 for broken RFC connection in that.based on that also u can identify the cause of the problem.

If usefull then dont forget to reward the points.

former_member192350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

They'll also consume entries in the connection tables; if you have a lot of these active for a long period, you may need to increase the profile parameters:

rdisp/tm_max_no

rdisp/wp_ca_blk_no

rdisp/appc_ca_blk_no

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is no problem. in fact, rfc call will use dia process , so I think if your rfc run need run long time, you may be change the parameters rdisp/max_wprun_time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. Acually, I the rfc-calls will take very little times (some seconds). The situation is that the connection has to stay open for some hours, just to keep the locks in r/3. Dia-procs will be occupied for some minutes in total during these hours.

So, no problem here?