cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding sync. after creating setup files with SAP Netweaver Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are planning to use SAP Netweaver Administrator to create setup files for mobile devices, created/deployed on server X. What we like to know is the following: Is it still possible to synchronize with another server Y. Although the setup file is created/deployed on server X. Does anyone have experience with this same situation?

Your reaction will be appreciated.

Jacco Raymakers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

the setup package creation process just simulates a typical user installation consisting of:

-Initially install the MI client

-do an initial sync to get device id

-sync to get db (if needed) and apps

-sync to get data for user (if its no MDI image)

So when you set up the device against server X then all the deployment info for this client is only on server X, means the deviceid, data state etc. is not known on another server. Therefore you cannot just switch to another server.

What can be done is to switch the sync host (when using a webdispatcher to sync from the outside):

YOu setup your client internally against host

mihost.mycompany.corp:50000

This url is not visible to the public internet as its hided behind a webdispatcher for security reasons. To use this client now in the public internet you have top change the host and port to the webdispatcher port, which then forwards the client request to the internal MI server:

Client --> webDisp.company.com:80 --> mihost.mycompany.corp:50000

Tis results that you still end up in your "source" mi server, who has all the deployment info for your client, but you sync against another "virtual host".

Some other things come to my mind:

You create the setup package on the J2EE Engine. But the important part here is the ABAP Stack of the WebAs. So if the J2EE is on server X and setup against the ABAP stack on server Y then you anyway sync implicitly against server Y.

if any questions left let me know...

Rgds Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I think my question was quite clear to you. Let me redescribe the situation. I create a setup package on server X. I install that setup package on a client machine (laptop or PDA). Now I want to synchronize with server Y. I still haven't got a mobile ID, but I want to. Is this possible?

Thank you very much of you help in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

the setup package already contains a device Id and therefore a mobile id for framework on this server and therefore is tighly connected to this specific webas! So it is not possible to change the server to sync against.

Rgds Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

It is possible to use the setup package for multiple users. The setup package will be created with a virtual user on the new NWA with ABAB synchronisation.

If there is a device id and a mobile id in this setup package, how is it possible to use it for multiple users.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Willems

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Patrick,

multi user images have a temp device Id which is replaced with a real device ID at first sync with the productive user.

Rgds THomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Let me explain a little more.

On our middleware servers (Develop/Quality/Production) we use unix. To generate the setup package we need a window machine.

Is it possible to use 1 windows machine to generate all the setup packages we need for the 3 different middlewares.

What would you advice?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Willems

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK,

now it gets clearer:-)

The answer is yes. What you need:

One J2EE for each of your unix systems. All three J2EEs can run on one win box (if you run DB2E on your clients you need a win32 box). The NWA of machine one is setup against dev system and therefore creates clients for the dev system. The NWA of machine two is setup against q system and therefore creates clients for the q system. The NWA of machine three is setup against prod system and therefore creates clients for the prod system.

Rgds Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Should this J2EE be installed as a dialog with the existing instance? Or a standalone with a new SID?

How is the connectivity set up between this J2EE and the existing instance?

What database version should be preferrably use on this J2EE server? Does it depend on the client database (DB2E)?

Thanks in advance,

Benjamin de Rijke

Mike Harding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario: You run your SAP NetWeaver System not on win32 basis system. But you want to use Setup package generation mechanism.

What to do:

- Setup a separate J2EE Engine on a win32 box. J2EE has its own SID. UME could be connected to ABAP, or even better standalone.

- Go through the Configuration steps for MI for this new J2EE (--> Deploy JRA, connect it to ABAP using the service user, setup the setup package generation mechanism)

What happens:

All functionality is brought to you by the Netweaver mobile Admin. So by directing the JRA to the ABAP the setup package generation can read all the deployment infos. May switch off the other functionality of NWA by setting the auth in the UME to not let admins e.g. create Hierarchy Groups in this new J2EE (e.g. Permissions are held locally on the system, so they would not be visible in the org. J2ee.).

Hope it clearyfies this a bit.

Rgds THomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,

This clearyfies it.

Regards,

Benjamin

former_member189501
Participant
0 Kudos

We used too this scenario, as we have the middleware Web As 640 Abap+Java on a unix box.

Then we installed a J2EE 640 only on Windows to create the Setup packages.

We do not use DB2E on the mobile devices.

It works.....but now I have a problem.

I will have to move the J2EE 640 only on a different Windows machine.

At the beginner I supposed to setup from scratch a new J2EE 640 only and to connect it to the middleware Web As 640 Abap+Java on the unix box.

But I realized that probabily in this way the Setup Package we are using will become 'orphan' and not usable anymore, as his device-id is registrered in the old J2EE 640 only system.

Any suggestion about how to move the old J2EE 640 only used to create the Setup Packages to a new hardare avoiding to loose the internal data for the Setup Package ?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Question (to anyone) about the Standalone J2EE Engine installed on the separate Win32 machine. Does this need to be installed on any specific DB platform? Is there any dependency between this DB version/platform and the mobile devices?

In other words, is it OK to install Oracle on the Standalone J2EE Engine?

Thanks,

Michael Harding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

the underlying DB of the standalone J2EE does not matter at all. You have to setup this J2EE on a win 32 environment is all that matters.

Rgds Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacco Raymakers,

I assume that you have a MI Client installed on the Client Machine and it has a device id, meaning, it has already synchronized with Server X.

Now you want this client to synchronize with the Server Y. Right.

This is not possible. But, you can install another MI Client dedicated for Server Y in the same MI Client.(PDA)

For more information on how to install muliple MI Client, See the article given in the below link.

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/fecd11da-0801-0010-0da2-ffee3d04684f">Click Here</a>

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Message was edited by: Maheswaran B

Message was edited by: Maheswaran B