cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A BPM Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to develop a simple BPM example. In My scenario the input will be a File which has some data in it. The output should go to 3 different files. These output files generation is based on particular field in the input file structure. Input file will contain the customers from 3 different cities and output should generate 3 separate files for 3 cities.

Any ideas as how I develop this interface using BPM?

My Idea is ReceiveStep ---> loop (for number of records in a file) ---> ContainerOperation (which assigns city value to a variable) ---> fork (for 3 cities)

does this sound ok or am I missing anything?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm confused. Do I need both abstract async interfaces and outbound async interfaces or I just need only 4 abtract async interfaces?

>> Recv -> Fork -> N branches (a transformation step based on the city for each branch) -> send step for each branch.

Also, dont we need a loop BPM step? since inside the loop u'll check for the value of city then assign it to

temprary list until entire input file is read.

My idea is some thing like this, but i'm not sure about it.

Recv --> Loop --> Container Operation(for getting city value) ---> Switch (for each city value) -->Fork --> Transform(to map and collect the temporary list items) -->Send

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm confused. Do I need both abstract async interfaces and outbound async interfaces or I just need only 4 abtract async interfaces?

>>>

the abst. interfaces will be in your BPM, the other interffaces are to read your file and to post your files from/to the ext. systems

Follow, /people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure for a better idea on the design of the BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shabarish.

I've one more question. If I want to develop BPM scenario. I need to define Abstract Interfaces right? so how many message interfaces and abstract interfaces required in this case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You required 4 abstract interfaces in this case.One abstract inetrface for source and three abstract interfaces for target systems.

Sekhar

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abstract Interfaces

1 for source

3 for target

1 outbound async intf. for source

2 inbound async intf. for target

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These output files generation is based on particular field in the input file structure. Input file will contain the customers from 3 different cities and output should generate 3 separate files for 3 cities.

>>>>

a simple flow;

try this

Recv -> Fork -> N branches (a transformation step based on the city for each branch) -> send step for each branch.

but if you need to make it condition based, you can employ a XPATH in your recv. det. too.

Just found a blog too - /people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

Message was edited by: Shabarish Vijayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sekhar. I'll look into that blog.

But If I want to use BPM for this scenario, how should I proceed? I want to develop some simple scenario in BPM for my learing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

then Check this blog...

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think you can achieve this without BPM also...

Check this blog..

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

sekhar