cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Up or Down?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to know whether SAP is up or down in the following scenario.

1.I dont have OS level access.

2.I can not use telnet.

3.Servers are in another country.

4.I can use ping utility but even though i get a reply it does not mean SAP is running.

5.I can access SAP through sapgui only.

How can I know whether SAP is running or not under these conditions?

(ofcourse one option is calling the person sitting at the servers )

Regards,

Bapujee Naidu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BapuJee Naidu

Does SAPGUI work ?

SAPGui is working means that your server is up and running well. Incase of down server SAPGui will be disconnected.

REgards

ANWER WASEEM

SAP BASIS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Naidu,

The first thing is where are you facing this issue ?

And incase we exclude all the options that have been mentioned by you then ->

The server needs to be preconfigured in a CCMS scenario with a CEN (Central Monitoring System) Or even via a Solution monirtoring system.

In case of J2EE stack we have the availability monitoring that can be configured on NWA of a WAS-J2EE server.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

well,I understand that one can use solman for this type of scenario.

Thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After long time I'm updating this thread as I got the answer to my question myself.

Even if you dont have access to telnt the unix server,still u can execute a command TELNET X.X.X.X 3600 (X.X.X.X is IP of server),If you get a blank screen ,that means you got response form ur message server,in turn u can say server is up.if you get message like connecting to X.X.X.X ............. the MS is down and ur SAP is down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread......................

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bapujee,

If you can't use telnet and you can't access OS with any tools (PCAnywhere, RDC, etc...) you can't check if the services are running. You need to find a tool that let you run a netstat (or similar) in a remote box to see if the ports are open.

I think you can also use Solution Manager to check the availability of the systems.

Hope this help!

Regards

Juan

Please reward points if helpful