cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question loading external definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm loading following sample XSD file into external definitions. I'm loading that into name space as mentioned in the xsd and i have given the name of the external definition same name as CustomerOutput_DT. How do i make sure that it is loaded properly? I mean do I get anything in the Messages tab after loading? right now I'm not getting anything in Messages tab, so I was wondering if there is any problem in loading. Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="urn://bpmtest1" targetNamespace="urn://bpmtest1">

<xsd:complexType name="CustomerOutput_DT">

<xsd:sequence>

<xsd:element name="Customer" maxOccurs="unbounded">

<xsd:complexType>

<xsd:sequence>

<xsd:element name="FirstName">

</xsd:element>

<xsd:element name="LastName">

<xsd:element name="City">

<xsd:element name="State">

<xsd:element name="Country">

</xsd:sequence>

</xsd:complexType>

</xsd:sequence>

</xsd:complexType>

</xsd:schema>

Thanks,

Anika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even I've tested my XSD with XMLSpy and its a valid file but then its not showing anything in Messages tab. When I changed the XSD as Prakash suggested then it appeared in Messages tab. I'm getting confused here as I dont understand that are we supposed to get any thing in Messages tab or not? When exactly that Messages tab is useful? whts the purpose of it.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you do a External Definition it is equavelent to your message Type and not Data Type. You go to XSD tab of the message type and you will find the Element tag.

When you do a External Definition it should appear in the Message tab otherwise when you are creating your interface or mapping you will not able to select the message type. Nothing will appear.

Create a message type and see in XSD tab you will find the element tag.

XML Spy will show fine if it adhears to the standards of XSD thats it.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Prakash

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i just noticed

You need to have entries in the msg. tab for you to utilize the XSD in your MI. Recreate your XSD or pick the entry from your MT.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakash & Shabarish.

Prakash - If define XSD as u gave, its giving me element name in messages tab. But my question is, when you create a datatype manually, it creates a XSD for you right, that doesnt start with element as you gave. Whats the difference?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think there is any problem with your XSD. I opened the same in XML spy and a check on it returns a success. You can go ahead with your development

when you create a datatype manually, it creates a XSD for you right

>>>> yes, it creates a XSD in the background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought we would get something in the messages tab when we load XSD. Isn't it right?

I've activated it and there is no error. So that means it got loaded properly?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i guess you have nothing to worry about here !!!

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should have a Element tag at the first.

Try as shown in BOLD

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="urn://bpmtest1" targetNamespace="urn://bpmtest1">

<b> <xsd:element name="CustomerOutput_DT">

<xsd:complexType></b>

<b> </xsd:complexType>

</xsd:element></b>

</xsd:schema>

Thanks,

Prakash

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you have loaded the XSD, try activating it. If any error is persisting it wud be caught here.

By the by, your XSD just looks fine !!!

Message was edited by: Shabarish Vijayakumar

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your message tab you shoule see "CustomerOutput_DT".

Also you can see the corresponding WSDL generated in the WSDL tab.

Actually it should be a message type but CustomerOutput_DT this looks like a data type by the name _DT. Use this External definition as Message Type.

Thanks,

Prakash