cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic SAP MDM 5.5 sp4 questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

1: SAP MDM 5.5 sp4 repository is created by extract, transform and load of R/3 system(s). True?

2: SAP MDM 5.5 sp4 has no automated processes for match/merge and survivorship of data records. True?

3: SAP MDM 5.5 sp4 workflow cannot integrate with R/3 workflow. True?

4: SAP MDM 5.5 sp4 operates in batch mode only (manual?) for data synchronization across the enterprise. True?

If any of these questionsw are false, could you please elaborate to how they are achieved without writing reams of A2i code?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin,

I hope I can give you an answer (true/false) only related to question # 3 :

3: FALSE.

From <b>technical perspective</b>, the SAP MDM 5.5 SP4 can integrate with R/3 workflow (you asked "...cannot..."), and now, with MDM 5.5 SP4 patch1, from <b>UI perspective</b>, it IS integrated with R/3 workflow (NW Portal Universal Worklist - UWL).

Related to your second request to elaborate how it is (not can be ...) achieved, it is subject of a discussion ...

I integrated MDM 5.5 SP4 Workflow with NetWeaver Universal Worklist on Portal using the given MDM 5.5 SP4 Java APIs. This is already part of the standard MDM 5.5 SP4 patch1 (see details at https://service.sap.com/installmdm -> document "MDM 5.5 SP04 - Enterprise Portal Content" -> paragraph "Configuring Universal Worklist"). As it is known, the NW UWL is integrated with R/3 workflow, and the UWL Service calls ABAP functions using Jco (these ABAP functions are known and available in R/3). Using these ABAP functions and the MDM 5.5 SP4 APIs (Java or COM), technically the MDM 5.5 SP4 can be integrated into R/3 workflow with limitations (ABAP calls Java/COM) - certainly, the MDM 5.5 SP4 workflow is focusing on the processes of MDM 5.5 SP4 (the R/3 workflow is an ERP workflow).

I cannot tell you about future MDM plans, however, if you are interested, then please review the above official documentation.

regards.

Laszlo.

Answers (0)