cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP aND Java Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats the use of an ABAP and Java Stacks in XI? What exactly they are doing for XI?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tha ABAP stack consists of the Integration Server which in turn contains your Integration Engine and Business Process Engine.

The J2EE stack contains the Adapter Engine and your IR and ID run on the J2EE engine.

Ever wondered how and where the XI pipeline gets executed? It happens in the ABAP stack.

All messsages picked by the Adapter Framework running on the J2EE engine are passed to the Integration Engine, which does the routing. The mapping program again gets executed on the Java stack and the rest of the pipeline servies are executed again on the ABAP stack and so on.

Take a look at the XI overview doc to understand this better,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a3d3c390-0201-0010-c490-bd8...

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if I want to write a Java program can I write it in XI itself? or can I write a ABAP program in ABAP Stack?

(because what I am hearing is write the Java Program in NWDS and convert that in JAR files and import into XI for any Module Processing or for any message mapping. If I can write that in XI iteself, why I need NWDS)

Thanks.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohini,

It depends on what you are trying.

UDF's can be written directly into the Message Mapping in your UDF editor.

For java mapping, it is not necessary that you have NWDS. You can use any Java Editor or you can even use a notepad to code and create the jar files using your javac , jar commands etc. NWDS makes your task easier and simpler but is not an abolute must.

ABAP stack is nothing but the GUI you use to access SXMB_MONI etc. If you have an ABAP developer access on your XI , then yes you can write abap classes and code.

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh.

You are telling that if I have an ABAP Developer Access then I can create the Classes and other respective codes. Whats the use of creating a Class here? any sample you can provide me please?

Thank you.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>><i>Whats the use of creating a Class here?</i>

Am not an ABAP'er and so might misue some ABAP terminology at times.From what I have understood, for ABAP mapping, the code you write is called an ABAP class and you can use your ABAP stack to write your ABAP code.

Regards,

Bhavesh