cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver SOAP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to use the Receiver SOAP Adapter Synchronously to interact with an URL http:/A ZXZ com:500/P/Q/XML.asp

NO WEBSERVICE IS INVOLVED here.

Whether to talk to the above URL can I use the SOAP Adapter?

(I Know I can go for HTTPS but we dont want to use HTTPS ADAPTER)

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Help me. (Bhavesh,Amol, other legends give me a hand).

Thansk.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not a legend ( miles to go before I can be called that ) and I have been following all your threads on this issue. But ,I have no clue on it unfortunately.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i wud say, if not involved wit webservice, i mite not go for SOAP...nevr tried it either..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal, you are trying to say that only if there is a WEB Service involved SOAP aDapter is Used?

Bhavesh you are so humble as always.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal the reason why I choose SOAP adapter for communicating with an URL is in future we are expecting some attachments from our vendor.

I know HTTP adapter can't handle the attachments. Thats why I am trying to configure a SOAP adapter(With HTTPs my scenario works like a kitten). But I am trying to learn SOAP adapter.

[Removed by the moderator.]

Appreicate your great help guys.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohini,

I find myself agreeing with Vishal . Would suggest as you are dealing with an ASP page , use either Java Proxies or HTTP adapter. I ve never had the opportunity to work on these approaches though.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

the main motive of using a SOAP adapter is tth wen u hava target url and action for a web service...

i.e u alread y knw the action it has to perform fr the web service and hence SOAP...

hence http is certianly an option if u want to interact synchonously and no web service involved...

i surely deem in using SOAP wen no websevice involved..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Java Proxie is an option thats where I opened another thread to learn about Java Proxy. Too many things at the same time with out your help it will be a nightmare. Thanks for all your couraging and supporting help.

Really appreciated. Have a glorious day.

[Removed by the moderator.]

Thanks Guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

just posted the same in one of ur threads..:)

hav a look completely at it..u also hav links to few blogs...

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy

/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy