cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a problem of InputField of double type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a problem of InputField of double type,if anyone have got the same problem i need your solution.

I have a InputField bind to context of double type,when runtime this InputField display "0",after InputField get focus it won't select all content auto.What i need is:when inputfield get focus the value in it was selected all auto.

best regard

reefish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem still not resolve.Client event control is impossible,I need to try other way.

InputField bind to context,when context init,InputField display "0",i want it display nothing,how do i implement this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ree,

Create a simple type with dataType = String and convert to double manually, by parsing it using the suitable wrapper class.

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Most of our table has the same problem,

by your idea we must convert ervery double field,i think it is a large work,it is unefficient,if there are any other way to resolve this?

best regard

reefish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you ever had a solution on this problem?

I'm facing the same problem.

Thanks,

Thomas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ree,

In general, in WD it is impossible to control how client-side controls (HTML client, Smart client) behaves.

Either submit bug, or inform your customer that certain feature is not supported. Or both

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

When we click the InputField,the InputField got focus and the cursor is state of input,but i want the cursor is on select state so what i input is overwrite the old value of the InputField.

best regard

reefish

Message was edited by: ree fish

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you want to set focus on the Input Field.

For that Try with this code in wdDoModifyView method.

IWDInputField ip = (IWDInputField)view.getElement("InputField");
ip.requestFocus();

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

What i want isn't your idea.I want the content of InputField was selected after it got focus.

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

requestFocus() -> Focus on the content of the input field. By Default the data will be selected in the Input Field.

Try this one. It will work for you.

Regards, Sridhar

Message was edited by: Sridhar kanchanapalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ree fish,

the scenario is not clear, I did nt understand frm here : "....after InputField get focus it won't select all content auto.What i need is:when inputfield get focus the value in it was selected all auto...."

Can you please elaborate a bit more ?

Regards

Kapil