cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Suite Installed on an SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any way I can find out about the business suite (SAP solutions like CRM, SRM, PLM, SCM etc.) installed on an SAP system. Could there be any Database table or an RFC function module which can give this information so I can use it programatically. My task is to discover all the SAP systems in my network and then classify them according to the business installed on them i.e. whether it is a CRM-system, SRM-system or something else. I believe that there can be only one business suite installed on a single SAP system (Please correct me if I am wrong). Please help me in this regard. Will be waiting for your valuable suggestions.Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumant,

Just eager to know. Have you got any info regarding your above query (ie My task is to discover all the SAP systems in my network and then classify them according to the business installed on them i.e. whether it is a CRM-system, SRM-system or something else). I also have a similar requirement as to find out the exactly the system is used for what purpose (eg like BW or CRM or SRM). If yes, then how we can find it. Please suggest.

Regards,

John

former_member192350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can query table CVERS, however it's definitly possible to have multiple packages installed in a single system; take the Enterprise SOA discovery system for example. It incorporates ERP, BI, EP, and SRM all in the same system. With the move to IT practices & usage types the once clear lines between technology solutions are becomming more blurred.

There are multiple function modules which access the CVERS table; FM SCSI_GET_SYSTEM_INFO is one that returns the contents in an internal table and is remote enabled, so could be called via RFC from a central system.

Rich

<edited to add FM information>