cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source node Recursion in message mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Input message structure looks like this..

<a>

<code>

<text>

<a>

<code>

<text>

<a>

<code>

<text>

</a>

</a>

</a>

Is there any way we can map the code and text from this recursive source structure to a target elemnet using Graphical Mapping/UDF?

Has any one come across this situation? If yes how have you handled this situation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From where you are getting this nested input structure ?

Is it from idoc/file etc?

What is your source and target systems? i.e to know the target structure.. If your target structure is flat , then mapping this will not be a problem. otherwise , you need to think some other mapping options(Java,ABAP,XSLT) to make the life easier

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are getting the nested structure from a XSD (File). The target structure is an IDOC. Can we loop through a recursive source structure via Java Mapping? Have you done something like that?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If so, is your input file is xml file ? If the file is not an xml file , then you need to do content conversion in the sender file adapter. Now question is , file is always a flat structure. So if you want to convert your non xml input file(i.e coma separated etc) into xml file in your file adapter into the deeply nested structure as you mentioned, it is difficult . I mean to say content conversion will not give you the structure more than 2 levels...

<i><i>Can we loop through a recursive source structure via Java Mapping? Have you done something like that?</i></i>

>>>Yes .Source structure is flat message structure...for a file it does not matter having deeply nested structure..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Input is XML file.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message was edited by: sagarkavi srungarakavi