cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on counter (Sequence number generation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Need to ask smething about the counter to generate the sequence numbers and pass it to the target field.

If we use the Global containers, then say if the app server goes down, the current count will also vanish. Am I correct?

So thats the case, then we should use the DB lookup for the same?

Also, the INDEX function in the Statistics part in the GUI of Message Mapping, how much that is helpful?

Respond back at the earliest possible.

Thanks in advance.

Neetesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just one point about your sentence: <i>If we use the Global containers, then say if the app server goes down, the current count will also vanish. Am I correct?</i>

For me you are wrong, if your application server shut down during your mapping execution, then you will <b>NOT</b> have an inbound message for your target system, because your system is stopped. And you will have a red flag inside SXI_MONITOR.

Mickael

one question: what is the direction/sense of your flow? "XI -> ZZ" or "ZZ -> XI" ?

Message was edited by: Mickael Huchet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael,

The flow is JDBC-XI-JMS. I need the sequence number in the target field.

I dont know how the Global Container variable will respond to the app server going down. What I think is that the Global container also keeps the values somewhere in the memory, so say if the app server goes down, the count should also vanish.

What you say?

Regards,

Neetesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK, the Values maintained in the Global Container Variable are Global only for the instance of the mapping execution.

If you want a variable that is going to be global across all the mapping executions of the mapping, then Global Container is not the answer . You will need to maintain the value in some external refernce like an R3 table, Db table, a file and so on.

Also, from Sp14 onwards, Global Variables are availablke in the Java Section.

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

That means, I should use the DB lookup, thats goin to be more useful.

Can you tel me whats the use of this INDEX function in the Statistics option? I gues, it is also used for the same purpose, and it also holds the values for the instance of the mapping execution.

Regards,

Neetesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neetesh,

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2005/12/29/new-functions-in-the-graphical-mapping-tool-xi-30-sp13

This blog describes index.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh

Index function is used to count the occurence number of a node. For example if u have a xml structure like

<Employee>

</Name>

</Dept>

</Employee>

<Employee>

</Name>

</Dept>

</Employee>

then index for Name will give u the number of times this Name occurred.(2 for above case).Note that u need to change the context of Name to Its Parent one. As index function will count within a context.

Regards

DhanyaR Nair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frnds,

Thanks a lot everyone for the valuable suggestions.

Will reward you all with points )

Regards,

Neetesh

Answers (0)