cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Logon user authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I have some doubts regarding the authorizations for the RFC logon user.The same question is disussed in the forum.But I am still confused.I mean authorizations to the user for which we set the user id and password in the RFC destinations in SM59 transaction.

1) Our RFCs exist in the backend and we develop SyncBos in the Middle ware MI server.So we give the Logon Id and pwd to allow the Middleware to remotely logon to the backend for exceuting the RFcs. right?

So the UserId we give here, must be a valid user in the backend.I want to know the minimum authorization objects that are required to be given to this user,So that RFcs in the backend are executed.

2) There is also an option "current user".When should this be used?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The backend should have the authorization to execute the RFC on the backend.

For this you need to assign the user with authorization object <b>S_RFC</b>.

2. Current User Option: This option is used to tell the MI Server that the middleware user also exist in the backend.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veer,

You should always use ‘Current User’ option for security purpose. Ideally, one should not give a userid for a RFC connection for security reasons.

When the ‘Current User’ option is selected the RFCs will be called with the user who has synchronized with his mobile device. MI RFCs are called via syncBos. So the user will require the authorization S_RFC and S_ME_SYNC.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When current user option is set, it means that the userid and password which we use on the client to synchronize with the middleware is taken by the RFC and tries to execute the BAPI Wrappers. So this means that the user id and password should be same across both middleware and backend systems and in the backend system this particular sync user should have the proper authorizations to execute the BAPI Wrappers from the middleware system.

Simply saying when current user option is set, the userid and password should be identical on both middleware and backend systems with proper authorizations in the backend system to execute BAPI wrappers(for that set S_RFC role for user in the backend).

Regards,

Siva.