cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message restrictions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Y'all,

I have been going through the weblogs for splitting the messages at the message mapping level either by using context or by using the nulti mapping techniques. Also I hear that there is a restriction of not able to use these for Integration Engine based adapters. Is this a true statement if my receiver is a HTTP/Idoc adapter? Or this restriction is only for sender adapters?

-Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is true for IDOC adapter as I have faced that problem. But am not sure about the HTTP adapter but I think same hold good.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if I understand correctly, the message splitting is based on the adapter engine of the receiver adapter in the interface and not on the sender adapter..Which means messge splitting cannot be done for Idoc and HTTP receiver adapters…Correct me if I am wrong..

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right it is based on the receiver adapter and not on the sender adapter. Provided you are using Multi mapping without BPM.

Thanks,

Prakash

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes , you are right.

Look into this for more-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/ed364cf8593eebe10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Have a look into this blog- Restrictions Section-

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys..Thats a lot of helpful information..So multi-mapping is NOT possible with HTTP/Idoc receiver adapters. But if I explore the possibility of using message splitting using graphical mapping instead of BPM or by enhanced interface determination, will it be possible to do a message split to an Idoc receiver adapter??

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you talking about 1:N message split , i,e having multiple message types in receiver side ? If so , you can do this in the mapping, but you need to use BPM to execute this 1:N mapping in the transformation step in BPM for the Idoc Reciever Adapter. This 1:N multimapping is executed in the Transformation step of BPM.

SO BPM is required here..

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

No my requirement has the same message type at the receiver. The inbound into R/3 would have the same structure as the sender interface except we want to process it an post it as Iodcs as different messages for a single source message. in other words, if the source has 10 line items, then the inbound into R/3 would have 10 split messages and the sender /receiver are of the same message structure.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use BPM for this. What is the source format is it a text file or XML file or what?

Thanks,

Prakash

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume , you are using idoc adapter as a receiver.

If you want to post 10 line items into 10 idocs , then you can use Message Package/bundling concept in the Mapping with your idoc structure by changing the occurence of the idoc metadata..No need of message split logic here.

for e.g '

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks that was great info. Now due to a change in strategy, we would be doing proxies at the receiver into R/3. So In this concept would an XML message from external sender be split into different messages by using the message split using graphical mapping and the proxies get to process as indivigual messages. I am trying to stay away from BPM. Any suggestions. Another idea is would it be a wise idea to write a module to split messages coming in through the sender adapter and sender adapter is being debated to be using JDBC.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>by using the message split using graphical mapping and the proxies get to process as indivigual messages.</i>

>>>Concept of Message split is somewhat different.

If you want to process for e.g all 10 records into 10 different messages, one by one, then you need to use loop with BPM. If so, the use of proxy will not make any difference in your design. So If i suggest, I will go for Proxy with I will send all 10 records in one time with Message structure i.e One root node and inside the proxy , if you want to send the data one by one some tables or wherever, you can build this logic inside the proxy method.

Just I thought to give some hints..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice thought, but I am very new to proxy. How can we accomplish this in proxy? Suppose if I have 10 lines in one XML and in the receiver I need to get 10 XML’s, how can this be handled in a proxy? Is there any help available to code in proxies?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you tell me, what is your scenario ? Because if you want 10 xmls in the receiver ...what does it mean ? Once you call the proxy method, the all 10 lines under one message root node is sent to proxy method. Then inside the proxy , if you want you can run a loop etc.. Because this message will be of internal table in ABAP..

About Server ABAP proxy-

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

This blog is a good start of the server proxy

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario would be there would be 100 rows picked by the sender adapter and at the receiver it needs to be posted as single rows per message. So an incoming message with 100 rows need to be split as 1 message per row. Also If I send the 100 rows in one shot and one of the rows fail, would it stop processing all 100 rows and how is it usually reprocessed?

Teresa

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa Smith,

Set Pagesize 30(no of records you want to fetch ) Set Pause on.

Will help you to take the records in Batch wise.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (0)