Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum messages processed per hour ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I read a XI doc on Sizing SAP XI (ref. Sizing SAP

Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 - Version 1.1 - July 2004)

Examples are given with maximum of 108,000 message processed per hours : Is - it an unbreakable limit ?

A client wants to integrate each quarter about 5,000,000 documents per day during a long week.

Does XI can support such huge numbers of simple messages (no BPM, simple mapping, file-to-file scenario) ?.

Thanks a lot for your response.

Etienne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AaronLong
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

what is the size of the message?

any high number of messages requirement per hour for peak time?

If only this simple scenario, I think it could be supported by scale the system. Try to use the quick sizer.

Cheers,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

let's set message size about 10KB (estimate), with no peak time (average repartition per hour).

With Quicksizer, i get :

CPU : 71,200 SAPs (XXL Category)

RAM : 81 Go

Disk Sizing : 524,000 MB

Best regards

Etienne

AaronLong
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Etienne,

1.Your scenario looks like that you send huge amount of small messages. From SAP's recommendation, this should be avoided. Can you package the messages first then send them? this can reduce the message traffic. Is it syncronous or asyncronous scenario?

2. XSLT mapping will consume more resources than graphical mapping, basically 3-5 times more. Can you consider just use the graphical mapping only?

3. I can see the possibility from your sizing infomation. but that comes to really critical. You can add more dialog instances with more servers by scaling up the system landscape.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Aaron

Message was edited by: Aaron Long

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

1. Yes, packaging messages is possible. And it's an asynchronous scenario

2. Ok for graphical mapping versus / XSLT.

3. OK

Thanks for yours recommandations.

Etiennne

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Etienne,

what is the direction of your flow? ECC -> XI or XI -> ECC?

For "XI -> ECC", I strongly suggest you to apply these doc. It's really fast: for me with a file of 10.000 lines (2.7 MB for the XML message inside XI) is treated in about 1 min.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/01/xi-idoc-adapter--edidc40--demystified

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38...

For "ECC -> XI", it will a little more complex... without BPM. Have a look on:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Or realize a specific IDoc with occurence equals to 99..999

Moreover, have you sure that your target system will be able to integrate such a volumetry?

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael,

Thanks a lot for your response. My scenario concerns third party->XI->ECC with flat file beetween XI->ECC (customer demand).

In fact, you're right about integration time in ECC ....

Last (novice) question about 99..999 : how many max reccords can be specified in IR and treated RWB in one message ????

Best Regards

Etienne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Etienne,

By using a specific Idoc with occurence = 99..999, according to me there is no limit in IR or RWB, because you import inside XI the structure defined inside ECC. If you specify occurence = 999, then you will be limited to 999.

Reminds, this solution is for flow "ECC -> XI" and it's out of SAP standard !! you will write a new Idoc, develop an abap program in order to create and send idoc to XI. It's not easy (<i>doc not yet written!</i>), thus keep in mind it's possible and in a first times try a collect with a BPM.

Mickael

Message was edited by: Mickael Huchet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael,

Thanks for your reply.

Etienne

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Etienne,

I had a Scenerio sending around 10 MB file from one interface, When we had XSLT mapping we had issue consuming lot of memory, When we made a simple mapping able to get desired result with time and later stage we decided to break the messages and send it. It was successfull,

Pls go thru these links, it will give some idea

topic #3.42

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201-0010-1f8b-c93...

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/11/28/how-robust-is-sap-exchange-infrastructure-xi

A discussion it will be useful,

Thanks & Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri,

Thank's for your response. I fly to yours links...

Best Regards

Etienne

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

As recommended by Quick Sizer guide, you can scale up the system for this requierment. XI can support huge data volume. But it depends on many parameters like this

1) Hardware Sizing

2) Design Approach(Mapping, Conversions, Adapters used etc)

3) Frequency of data

..etc

So if there is no mapping, then I don't think so, it will give a problem. It will work is the system configuration is as per the quick sizer..

Try out .hope it works..If not then you can analyse the system configuration etc

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thank's for response.

We drop BPM and only use XI mapping (no external XSLT netiher Abap nor Java).

Best regards

Etienne