cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender JDBC Adapter - Stored procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, I just read a lot of topics in this forum about this subject.

I found two indications in contracdictions in the documentation :<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/frameset.htm">Configuring the Sender JDBC Adapter</a>

1. Concerning Query SQL Statement

You have the following options:

&#9679;     Specify a valid SQL SELECT statement to select the data to be sent from the specified database.

&#9679;     Specify an SQL EXECUTE statement to execute a stored procedure, which contains exactly one SELECT statement.

2. Concerning Update SQL Statement :

This is recommended if the data has not only been read, but also changed by a stored procedure entered under Query SQL Statement.

It is ambigous, isn't it ?

My question is simple :

Does somebody already use Sender JDBC Adapter with Stored procedure as Select statement including many steps :

- update actions on database

- select query to return data to XI adapter

(Update statement stay empty or with value <TEST>.

To provide more information, I have a reference table to read. But this reference table must be updated by a stored procedure before being able to be read accordingly.

So As I can't do both process with Sender Adapter (call a procedure and execute a select statement) => I want to include both actions (updates and select) in an alone stored procedure.

Could I get wanted data as a resultset ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>><i>Update statement stay empty or with value <TEST>.</i>

It should be <TEST> if you do not want an Update to happen.

Regarding Sender JDBC adapter with stored procedures, which DB are you trying to access. Sender JDBC adapter does not support Oracle Stored Procedures as they return Cursors and Sender JDBC adapter can deal with only Resultset.

As for executing both Update and Select in the SP, though I havent tried, this should surely be possible.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through these threads and see if it helps...

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This blog might be helpfull on stored procedures for JDBC

JDBC Stored Procedures

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/21/jdbc-stored-procedures

Cheers,

Raghavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check my weblog

<a href="/people/yining.mao/blog/2006/09/13/tips-and-tutorial-for-sender-jdbc-adapter and Tutorial for Sender JDBC Adapter</a>

B'Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses