cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender RFC problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing an RFC->mail scenario. We are calling the RFC from a report. The problem is RFC being a synchronous one, it is waiting for the response which will not come in our scenario. So can some one tell us how to make the RFC in R/3 to a asynchronous one so that it will not wait for the response. I am able to see the message sent by the RFC in moni, but the error is while calling adapter.

Error message:

This process does not support the specified synchronous interface or does not support any synchronous messages

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudheer,

Create an Asynch Interface for your RFC in XI and the scenario becomes an Asynch Scenario.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While calling the function from R/3 use IN BACKGROUND TASK

CALL Function 'function name' IN BACKGROUND TASK <Destination>

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I have created an asynch scenario only in XI. The problem is on the RFC side. When i trigger the RFC from report it is giving me an error because RFC is not getting any response from XI.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheer.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to call the RFC <b>in background</b>

and with -> <b>commit work.</b>

Regards,

michal

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not sure abt this approach but maybe calling it in background in the report might help .

Note:

<i>If a call is sent, and the receiving system is down, the call remains in the local queue until a later

time. The calling dialog program can proceed without waiting to see whether or not the remote

call was successful. If the receiving system does not become active within a certain amount of

time, the call is scheduled to run in batch.

Transactional RFCs use the suffix IN BACKGROUND TASK.</i>

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

that's the only way to do it as async

also commit work is crucial

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>