cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a webservice with SOAP Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Im calling web service from XI using SOAP. I could call the webservice using XML Spy, It is working fine.In XML spy I could se the response (variable out , type double).

When i call the same web service from XI It doesnt give any error in the beginning and later it would convert the same to "Acknowledment contains system errors" in Ack staus(SXMB_MONI). I configured my scenario as Asyn.However there is a response from webservice. Is it mandatory to create a sync scenario in this case? If so I couldnt configure as Im sending an Idoc as a SOAP request.But Response of Webservice is of double type( some integer it returns) So I couldnt map both as it was giving some problems in message mapping.

I would like to know how XI sends a soap request ? I mean in SXMB_MONI some where it must be there. I wanted to copy the same from XI n paste in XML spy so that i can test whether it would go throgh.

In plance of that webservice, We created an asp page and configured IIS. I wrote the ASP in such a way that It would read the SOAP request and dump into my default website area. I Could see the SOAP request coming up from XI.When i paste this in XML spy its working fine but not from XI Im wondering what went wrong?

Appriciate your help.

Thanks a lot

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Get me ur mail id, i will send u a doc..

cheers,

Raghavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>I would like to know how XI sends a soap request ?

have a look here:

http://xiserver:j2eeport/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

display your message and - Message bytes

to see the full SOAP message

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kiran,

IDOC -- XI -- SOAP is what you are trying and if you want to divert the SOAP response , then you need a BPM will a synhronous call to the SOAP to get the response out and maybe pass it to a File and so on.

if you do not want to handle the response, well, then just make the call to the webservice using an Aynch Interface and make the QOS of your soap adapter as Exactly Once.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

an ASYNC/SYNC bridge can do the trick ...

Ref: /people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

here it is a FILE -> RFC -> FILE

Replaced by IDOC -> SOAP -> FILE/anything etc in ur case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bhavesh Michal and Vijay,

Actually i want to send a request and i dont wanna handle the response( its just a number). So I could send a request right? I wanna just invoke the webservice but Since webservice retuerns a response its giving Ack status as "Acknowdeg contains sys errors" but it says message processed successfully. I wanna trace whats happening exactly.

Could you please tell me how do i go ahead with this.

Thanks

Kiran

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So I could send a request right?

>>> yes but since the WS is sync it will always process a response back. Maybe you cud alter the WS to not sent a response. Else you cud handle the response in the above mentioned posts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavesh,

My id is kiran97_99@yahoo.com.

Hi Vijay,

As Bhavesh said,

I can handle the response by makign async message interface , I did it but in SOAP adaptor I dont see any option of setting QOS?

Ya WS is responding So by doing like asyn i can go ahead with that right? Now its throwing error in ask status as :

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: Not enough message parts were received for the operation.: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: Not enough message parts were received for the operation.</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

option of setting QOS?

>>> i guess its for the sender SOAP adapter to specify QoS

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kiran and Shabz,

Strange that QOS cannot be set or a reciver SOAP adapter. Am wondering why too. Any idea guys?

Regards,

Bhavesh