cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS System Info

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want some information on SAP PS System:-

1) What is the transaction in PS system to create a project template?

2) Is there any BAPI or FM which will provide me the list of PS project templates?

3) Is there any BAPI or FM which can be used to copy a PS project template?

4) What is the name of the database table where the PS project template names are stored?

Thanks in advance!!

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I hope this answers help.

1) What is the transaction in PS system to create a project template?

-CJ91 (CJ92, CJ93) to create a standard project definition and WBS structure.

-CN01 (CN02,CN03) to create a standard network

2) Is there any BAPI or FM which will provide me the list of PS project templates?

Unfortunately, BAPI's in PS only handle operative objects, and not standard objects, so there is no BAPI available for standard objects.

3) Is there any BAPI or FM which can be used to copy a PS project template?

Same reply as in number 2.

4) What is the name of the database table where the PS project template names are stored?

PROJS for standard project definitions

PRPSS for standard WBS elements

PRHIS for the standard project hierarchy

There is no specific table for standard networks

Hope it helps!

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martina,

I believe you can help me in configuring the integration between the Project System (PS) and other R/3 application components.

please provide me step by step instructions for the same

Many Thanks

Yasar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martina Modolell,

thanks for your usefull information. Would be highly appreciated if you can clarify the following.

1. Being Functional consultant many times get confused over these two "BAPI & RFC" - if you don't mind you brief what is difference between them? are both the same?

2. If Standard BAPIs are not available, can we not write BAPIs?

Thanks in advance

Sudhakar

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

I have tried to answer your questions below:-

1) BAPI is precisely defined interface for process and data of a business application system whereas RFC is just a communication technology.

Simply put BAPIs are interfaces for Business Objects. Together with the Business Objects, BAPIs define and document the interface standard at the business level.

RFC is a communication technology, that use the Business Framework to access BAPIs.

At the technical level SAP provides an RFC to aceess the Business Object beng exposed through a BAPI.

Going further BAPIs can be used for both synchronous and asynchronous calls of an SAP component. If the call is synchronous, the BAPI is called as a remote function call (RFC). ALE inbound processing enables asynchronous communication with BAPIs.

So this emphasises gain that BAPI is an interface to business objects which can be accessed through an RFC which is just a communication technology.

2) Yes it is possible to create custom BAPI's for custom business repository (BOR) objects or even standard BOR objects but creating a BAPI is a huge effort which customers generally dont undertake.

Hope I was able to provide some insight to your questions.

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh

Answers (0)