cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP back-end call to WebAS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to make a calls from multiple r/3 RFCs via sm59 destination to the J2EE side of WebAS without implementing a JCO.Server instance in the EJB module?

Or do you basically have the same application components as a standalone RFC Server implementation?

I am building an application that will call remote functions from R/3, do some work, call third party webservices, do some more work, return to R/3.

Can I do this with EJBs deployed in the WebAS?

Thanks in advance,

Erin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SidBhattacharya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes. There is a special kind of SLSB for this purpose that uses the JCO RFC Provider Service in WAS. But this uses the JCO.Server class!

See this post.

Hth

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, does the provider service work in the case where the calling RFC is on a separate system from the web application server? It seems I would have to have a initialization function on my app that populates the repository. Does the WebAS have one large repository verses application specific ones?

Thanks again for you help.

Erin

SidBhattacharya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You mean the caller system (R/3) on a diff. box?

Yes.

Usually JCO.Server requires you to build up the static repository for all the meta-data (fn module, structure, table) but in this case you need not do that. I tried it with a simple function module that had one import and export parameter and I didnt have to create the static repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erin,

You liked the answer, but did you forget to give points?

See: /people/mark.finnern/blog/2004/08/10/spread-the-love for directions.

Click on the Yellow Star icon in each reply.

You can give:

1 - 10 pointer (solves problem, marks as answered)

2 - 6 pointers (very helpful)

Lots of 2 pointers (helpful)

This time I did it for you. Spread the love!

Cheers,

Linda (and Mark Finnern)

Answers (0)