cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing Shell Script on an External Server using File Adapter.

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to execute a shell script on the External Server using File Adapter at the receiving interface. The interface runs well until the point it has to execute the commands and fails at that stage. We at first thought it was the problem with the commands and we executed them directly on the command prompt, and they worked fine.

Is there a way this can be done Using the File Adapter, or is it presently not possible to do something like this. If it is possible, please let me know what configuration i should be careful about, as i know we are dealing with UNIX and we will have problems running such commands from a File Adapter.

If this is not possible, is there any other way we can do this.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ref:

Run Operating System Command Before/After Message Processing - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Also to catch errors - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your interface is working fine and your command is working fine separately. Then the problem is with the path that you give in the command line text field.

Use full path to execute.

Example :

copy
server\path\file
server\path2\file

Thanks,

Prakash

0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

We cannot use NFS for our issue here. We have to use FTP only. Is there a way we can do using FTP?

Thanks for your reply,

Karthik

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I have checked with our Basis team and they confirmed that the path seems right.

I was wanting to know If we can do this using FTP at all.

If not, since we are dealing with Unix and Since it is a remote system, is there another way that we can do this.

Thanks for your reply.

Karthik

Answers (0)