cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message transfer between R/3 to XI By RFC call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to pass some parameters to XI by making an RFC call from R/3.In sm59 the connection is working fine with the RFC destination declared.I have created an RFC enabled function module and it has 5 import parameters .The FM doesn't contain any query as i have queried in the calling program. The program as followes;

DATA : IT_ZXIRFC LIKE ZXIRFC.

DATA: IS_BILL_NUM LIKE ZXIRFC-BILL_NUM,

IS_BUYERVATNUM LIKE ZXIRFC-BUYERVATNUM,

IS_BUYERACCNUM LIKE ZXIRFC-BUYERACCNUM,

IS_PRODUCTDES LIKE ZXIRFC-PRODUCTDES,

IS_BUYERNAME LIKE ZXIRFC-BUYERNAME.

SELECT * FROM ZXIRFC INTO IT_ZXIRFC

WHERE BILL_NUM = 'ABC1234'

AND BUYERVATNUM = 'CH456789'

AND BUYERACCNUM = 'THE456789'.

ENDSELECT.

IS_BILL_NUM = IT_ZXIRFC-BILL_NUM .

IS_BUYERVATNUM = IT_ZXIRFC-BUYERVATNUM.

IS_BUYERACCNUM = IT_ZXIRFC-BUYERACCNUM.

IS_PRODUCTDES = IT_ZXIRFC-PRODUCTDES.

IS_BUYERNAME = IT_ZXIRFC-BUYERNAME.

CALL FUNCTION 'ZRFC_XI_TEST1' IN BACKGROUND TASK DESTINATION 'SAP_X3ATEST'

EXPORTING

I_BILL_NUM = IS_BILL_NUM

I_BUYERVATNUM = IS_BUYERVATNUM

I_BUYERACCNUM = IS_BUYERACCNUM

I_PRODUCTDES = IS_PRODUCTDES

I_BUYERNAME = IS_BUYERNAME

COMMIT WORK.

I am getting notthing in moniter of XI when i excecute this program.

Please have a look at this and suggest me the solution.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Priya parmeshwar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you see anything in SM58?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

After removing the statement 'commit work', i don't see anything in sm58.Before that i use to see an error on performing commit work statement.

Best regards,

Priya parmeshwar.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

COMMIT WORK. is a must statement and do not remove it.

How your Sender Communication is configured properly with the same gateway and the service given in the RFC Destination. Can you post the error that you are getting.

To test it go to SE37 and test the function module by giving the RFC Destination and see what happens? It will throw you a dump and thats fine but see if you are getting the message in SXMB_MONI. Then you can use it in the program. This is to ensure that RFC is called.

Thanks,

Prakash

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>><i>After removing the statement 'commit work', i don't see anything in sm58.Before that i use to see an error on performing commit work statement.</i>

SM58 will contain entries only if there is any error. Isnt the problem solved?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The commit work is added and tested in se37.But i am getting an exception SYSTEM_FAILURE.I am unable to see the message in SXMB_MONI also.

Best regards,

Priya

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reason you might not be able to see the message in MONI is that Synch Logging has been turned off.

SXMB_ADM > Integration Engine Configuration> specific configuration --> LOGGING_SYNC --> set value to 1.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Are u sure your RFC destination is working fine when you tested from SM59. Please post RFC destination details, hope you have given the gateway and host properly. Also post your communication channel details.

Did you check the blog by Michal

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The configuration is present...I am unable to see only my message.

Best regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SM59 my RFC destination is working fine.I have done the configuration according to Michal' blog

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/1438.The [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] RFC destination details as followes:

RFC destination : SAP_X3ATEST

Gateway Host : ld8022

Gateway service: sapgw22

Program Id : RFCTEST1

and here i have checked the Registered server program.

The same data has been updated in communication channel with a sender RFC adapter type.

Thankx,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the RFC is throwing a SYSTEM_FAILURE exception when tested independently, then it is an issue with the RFC.

Suggest you to debug the RFC and check.

Regards,

Smitha.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Still this question is an open issue.

Thankx,

Priya.

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

So you are indicating that other RFC's are successfully passing messages from the same source system to the same XI system ? If so, there is something with RFC in source system or interface definition in XI.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you test the RFC independently using the test button(F8) ? Give the program id in the RFC target sys entry and check if it goes thru. Also follow the blogs mentioned to troubleshoot your settings.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at thee blogs and check if config is correct,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Regards,

Bhavesh