Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on an SOAP to RFC scenario:

I am able to execute the scenario. I am testing it using SOAP test tool.But i am facing a problem. when we give valid inputs to the BAPi, the BAPI return structure returns correct values, which is mapped to the response msg and the response is also fine, in the testing tool.

But when i give non-valid values to the BAPI, the BAPI returns an error msg like "partner does not exist" and for some reason i am not able to see this msg in my response msg, instead i get an "XI Exception error in my

testing tool display. How can i achieve, the BAPI return value to be displayed in my response msg for invalid values?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm

Look at the Advanced Mode options that might help you.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had also faced the same problem in one of my scenarios. What you can do is, you can check the length of the parameter returned by BAPI. If it is zero, it means that non valid value has been passed to BAPI. In this case you have to map some constant to the target field during mapping.

If the length is not zero, you can map it as it is.

For finding the length of the field, you can use the standard text function: length. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Divija.