cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM & XI use cases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mates,

I'm an MDM beginner looking for information related to typical MDM & XI use cases...from technical perspective as well business.

How MDM is connected to XI typically? I see that file adapter as one of the option in the weblogs. Are IDOCs/RFCs/proxies an option to integrate MDM with XI?

Can any give more insight into this?

Please share with me the information you have.

thx in adv

praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, the file adapter is use to read/write the file for input/output from MDM.

Its then converted to IDOC format and send to R/3 where the FM is responsible over data management.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

As for now, MDM SP03 only syndicates into XML files, that's why XI needs the file adapter to retrieve the MDM data.

What I've recommended on some implementations tough (and before MDM SP04) is to create some custom APIs to wrap the needed MDM functionality, deploy them into the App server as WebServices, and then use XI to get those WebServices.

It can help us to get an online scenario with MDM-XI, however, depending of the structure and funcionality you require inside those webServices, it might not be recommended on big data transfers (wouldn't be so good at performance).

I've read that SP04 supports big XML files streaming, that is, if the operation requires a huge XML file, MDM can start using it even before the transmission ends.

I hope that helps

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a few questions regarding my XI and MDM installation ....

1: Can we have XI and MDM installtion done on the same box using same hostname.??

2. Can you please let me know as to what should be the minimum or a good server configuration for a MDM Installation.

3.Also if someone can please provide the configuration steps for a successful MDM installation or can provide a helpful link where i can find the confiuration steps.

4. Any realtime e.g of XI interfacing with MDM.

I hope i get to hear from the gurus very soon .

Thanks,

Sanjay.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please see the SDN page on data load and distribution with MDM: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/4db9d6df-0901-0010-0994-b9432.... [original link is broken] It provides lots of information on MDM-XI integration.

MDM Technical Guides are provided at SAP Service Marketplace at https://service.sap.com/installmdm.

Best regards,

Markus