cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP environment readiness

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

The basis consultant of my project is going to construct a new environemnt. He asked me when the XI ABAP portion has to be ready.

Can anyone tell me what ABAP portion really does for XI? Cuz' it looks like to me that all IR, ID, RWB, SLD are all supported by Java portion.

Regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

Tha ABAP stack consists of the Integration Server which in turn contains your Integration Engine and Business Process Engine.

Ever wondered how and where the XI pipeline gets executed? It happens in the ABAP stack All messsages picked by the Adapter Framework running on the J2EE engine are passed to the Integration Engine, which does the routing mapping etc .

Take a look at the XI overview doc to understand this better,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a3d3c390-0201-0010-c490-bd8...

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Ha! Thanks. This would have the Basis guy to put ABAP stack ready as the priority. I'll dig into that link you attached.

Regards,

Steve

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve

All the best..!!

A quick note : Do a search on SDN using the library and you will be amazed at the number of high quality documents that you come across.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thanks for the pointer, man. Sometimes u seem like to be only one who's responding to all the questions in this forum.

Regards,

Steve

Message was edited by: steve peng

Answers (0)