cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to different versions of Oracle from XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using XI JDBC Reciever Adapter. In our landscape we have an external non SAP Oracle Application that works on Oracle 920 and another external non SAP Oracle App that works on Oracle 817. How can I specify in the JDBC Adapter to use a different Oracle client depending on the system I want to connect to.

Regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

If this question is with regard to the Oracle Driver for JDBC adapters, the driver to be installed in XI depends on the JDK version your XI is running on.

JDK1.3 --> Classe12.zip or classes12.jar

Greater than jdk1.3-- Ojdbc.jar.

Take a look at this note : 941317

and the JDBC FAQ , 831162 Question 10.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is possible with JDBC Reciever Adpater Parameters like connection and Drivers..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/64/ce4e886334ec4ea7c2712e11cc567c/content.htm.

I did not try this.

BTW

But are you thinking about integrating with Oracle applications? If so you can not use JDBC adapter right ? because JDBC adapter is for Database connection. If it is an Oracle application, then you need to either go for Webservices or Oracle Application Adapters i.e 3rd party adapters .

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I assume that the drivers are different for Oracle 920 and 817.

I have not done this, but you can try: During the driver installation, see if different java classes can be specified for each version. I am not sure if the installation supports this or having two versions simultaneously. If it does, then in the Databse connection field in the adapter, you can specify the particular java class.

Good luck,

Bhanu