cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Batch Job for Executing Later

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I was wondering if there was a way to create a batch job, but to have it executed at a later time, since we do not have an exact date and time we need these jobs executed. My goal is to create 12 batch jobs (1 for each month), but have them excuted, when I need them too, when I choose it. Is this even possible?. I tried looking through SM36/SM37, but could not find anything on it. Please advise and thanks in advance!

WC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can just create the job and not set any start conditions, then save it. The job will be saved in the status "scheduled" but it is not in fact scheduled - it is waiting to be scheduled by you.

Cheers,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike. I was wondering if there was a way to set the "fiscal year variant" to that of my "accounting year". My Accounting Controller closes out the month a few days after the actual month has ended (ie Closes Period 9/2006 September on 10/5/2006). I am trying to create batch jobs for our KE30 Profitability reports, that I want to run monthly, after my accounting controller closes out that period. Is there a way to set the "fiscal year variant" to for example instead of Period 1 = 1/1/2006->1/31/2006, I would like the report to read the information for Period 1 = 1/8/2006>2/7/2006; Period 2 = 2/8/2006>3/7/2006; Period 3 = 3/8/2006-->4/7/2006 and so on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

The standard job scheduler will not do this (SM36/7). You do not mention what release you are using, but SAP Central Job Scheduling with Redwood does provide the ability to create jobs with boolean conditions like you describe (plus much, much more). See the Service Marketplace http://service.sap.com/job-scheduling or the SDN page https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/webcontent/uuid/abb91c2a-0b01-0010-6ca6-9f0f62268454. [original link is broken]

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am using SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

Although Central Job Scheduling is not available in 4.7, it is possible to install a standalone NetWeaver Application Server that could then control all of the jobs in your landscape, including those on a 4.7 system.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will look into this more. Thank you for all your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe this can be done.

You need to do a few things:

- make your job use TVARV variables

- make your job periodic and event dependant - event name can be anything - try : z_period_end_close_complete

- when your controller has finished his work, he needs to run a custom ABAP (you'll need to develop one) that will

a) set the current period values for the TVARV variable

and

b) raise an event with the name that the job is waiting for - z_period......

By doing this, you only need to schedule the job once. Each time the event is raised, the rob will execute and then go into a wait state again, ready for next time.