cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting ie error when calling event from code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I've got an application (running on 6.40 sp8, ep6 sp2) that is pretty basic by all means. Since I want to implement some way to tell the user when he/she has made an error or just to inform him/her about something, I decided to use the ConfirmationDialog.

I've created an action called onActionShowErrorMessage in my view. This action is tied to my controller and an event defined in the controller.

Hence, when I want to show the ConfirmationDialog to show the user an error message, I call the controller method and in the method I fire the event that my view method is looking for.

So far so good..

When I call my controller method from a button action in the view everything works nicely, but when I try to call it from the wdInit method it fails?! I do get the ConfirmationDialog up but I also get an IE error window telling me that IE is trying to open a page it cannot find. I have no idea why it tries to open any page at all, since there is no navigation defined for this action.

Anyone got an idea? I couldn't find any good stuff in the system logs either

Best regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam!

Thanks for your answer! I would like to use something more of a pop thing, since i want to make sure the user sees it. The MessageManager does not work as good as it used to anymore, since it puts all messages in the bottom of the page. This page needs to be scrolled in order to see the error message..

Anyone got an idea of a workaround? I'm reading a propsfile, and in case I'm not able to read it I want to display this to the user.

B.R

Andreas

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

You can use the MessageArea UI element and place the UI element at the Top of the view. Then all the messages will be displayed there. And the scrolling will not be there.

Hope this may help.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

To open a confirmation dialog a view has to be already loaded in the browser window. Since you are calling the confirmationDialog.open() method through the doInit(), the application doesn't understand where the window has to be opened.

PS: If you want to do the validation before hand try using IWDMessageManager methods.

Thanks and Regards,

Sam Mathew