Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost center in asset item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm having the following error:

While creating a shopping cart for asset, the cost center field is not being filled (and it should be with the assigned cost center in PPOMA_BBP). If we try to write the field manually, when we save the filed just 'change' to blanc....

any ideias??

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Marisa Silva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marisa,

What are your settings for org structure?

For the attributes at resp level

(account assignment)KNT=CC

(cost center)CNT=value of cost center with backend ref.

are our settings for classic scenario.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I'm usin extended classic scenario.

If i try to create a SC for CC it works fine, problem only occurs when the Sc is for ASSET.

The org structure is:

KNT= Cost Center

KNT= Asset

and

CNT= value of cost center with backend ref.

also

ANK= asset with backend ref.

To asset itens is possible to create the SC and send the PO to backend system, the only problem is that CC is not being send to the PO.

Everything seems to be ok...

Best regards,

Marisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Assets has to be linked to cost objects (CC or WBS or IO, all as well) while creating asset masters in R3. If the assets are associated with the CC in backend, that CC will be picked up atomatically when assets are used while creating SC.

Rgds

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I'm sorry but i couldn't completely anderstand your anwser.

You'r saying that i have to assign cost center to asset in R/3 (backend system) and not in SRM?

'Cause my problem is happening because in SC (item level) i create the asset master... therefor at this point i have nothing in backend. In MM to create a PO you have to put a CC, and the CC field in asset master is already there. In SRM i'm not being habble to put the CC, soo the asset master is being created without CC... (now i'm confused

BR

Marisa silva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using the Assets as cost objects in creating SC, where is the field to enter the cost center...?

In R3, goto Tx AS02 - Time dependent tab - Assign responsible CC.

Rgds

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

When you'r creating a PO in R/3 using asset you have to do 'creat asset' and assign a cost center. When after de PO is created you go to AS02 asset already as CC assigned.

That's what i want to do using SRM. I.e., when creating an item to asset cost object, at item level do 'creat asset' and also at item level assign the CC.

Can you send me your e-mail, for me to send you some screenshots and explain you better?

Best regards,

Marisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

reddy_vangala@satyam.com

Rgds

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marisa

How can one line item have multiple cost objects(ie CC and AS)?

If you assign AS as your cost Object then your postings will be done agianst Asset details in FI.

From where again Cost Center comes into picture if Asset is assigned?

Please check your logic and also check with your FI people whether they want CC or AS.

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your answers...

Unfortunatly i'm not going to be able to do this as i imagened... but thanks for clarifing that for me!

Best Regards,

Marisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marisa,

I understand it has been long since you posted this.
But I have a similar issue right now. I'd be grateful if you could let us know how this was resolved.

You may reply here or on my id priydarshan58@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation.

PD.

Answers (0)