cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSP to test WS client proxy does not work: jndi NamingException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create a JSP to test my WS proxy client on a WAS 6.40 J2EE engine. The deployment runs fine but when I start the JSP I get an error from the JNDI:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during lookup operation of object with name webContainer/applications/sap.com/W640SecurityTests_EAP/clientProxyTest/java:comp/env/GetABAPUserDetails, cannot resolve object reference. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Path to object does not exist at W640SecurityTests_WMP, the whole lookup name is wsclients/proxies/sap.com/W640SecurityTests_WMP/com.hp.sapcoe.security2.GetABAPUserDetails.]

Can anybody tell me, where I can find more details about this error? I've no clue where I need to correct it.

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Birgit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Birgit,

it seems that when creating the Web service client application you didn't set the required jndi-reference in the "web-j2ee-container.xml". To do so, open the context menu of "web-j2ee-container.xml" and select the "references" tab. The reference should point from java:comp/env/GetABAPUserDetails to /wsproxies/clients/..... and so on. The following convention is used: /wsclients/proxies/<provider name>/<ApplicationName>/<ProxyName>. You can find more information on jndi mappings in the SAP Help Portal: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2d/b9766df88f4a24967dae38cb672fe1/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Susanne