Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have a strange problem here. MAU often throws

exceptions after we perfomerd some replacements

and synced the app afterwards.

The exceptions occur because some data in some SyncBos

are missing after a sync. When I test the corresponding

function modules on middleware the data are correctly.

But somehow the data does not arrive fully on the client. We use repetive sync:

MobileEngine.Sync.RepetitiveSyncEnabled=true

MobileEngine.Sync.MaximumNumberOfRepetitiveSyncs=3

MobileEngine.Sync.TimeBetweenRepetitiveSyncs=100

I actually do not have a clue why this happens.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Sascha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

have you checked out the trace on the client as well the sent data in MEREP_MON for the corresponding worklist/MobileID?

May you can post some more info?

Rgds THomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasha,

The timeBetweenSyncs parameter is 100. This is very less. The value is in milliseconds. So in your case it would be 1/10 of a second. Please increase this value. As as Thomas has suggested look into the MEREP_MON to check the status of the outbound data.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

Merep_Mon does not show any error. While syncing the counter of O-Send is increased. Directly after sync the counter of O-Waiting is increased also. So it seems i have waiting one for each SyncBo after the sync finished. When I sync again the waiting disappears but after the sync is finished there is again one waiting.

Cheers,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

What time should be set for timeBetweenSyncs?

Regards,Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

The time would depend on the amount of data you are downloading to the client. The correct value can be found only with trial and error. You can start off with something like 15000 which is 15 seconds.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik.

I will check this. But I wonder if I really need to turn repetive sync on for MAU. Anyway we switched it off and we have the same problem.

I have correct data. I create a replacement. I sync the data. Afterwards there are missing data. Sometime a connection object is missing or the name of the customer. Befor I synced all these data were available on the client.

Is there a way I have to follow to sync in MAU? Is repetive sync needed? And if so, how should it be configured?

Thanks for any help.

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

Since the MAU sync bos are asynchronous by default, you need atleast 2 syncs to get data back to the client. To avoid clicking the sync button multiple times manually the repetitive sync feature is available.

You are right, your problem does not look like a repetitive sync issue.

The only way that the objects can be deleted after sync is if the middleware is sending a delete request for that particular object.

When an object is missing could you check the middleware monitor(MEREP_MON) to see if the middleware is sending a delete request or a modification request for the particular object?

Best Regards,

Karthik