cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repository-3.jnlp could not be opened

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The moment I click on repository I am getting the following error instead of login pad.

C:\DOCUME1\ADMINI1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\repository-3.jnlp could not eb opened, because an unknown error occured.

sorry about that. Try saving to disk first and then opening the file.

Could you please tell me how to sort out this problem.

At present Mozella is a default browser for XI. But I would like to set Internet Explorer as a default browser. Could you please anybody tell me how to set this.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ravindra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you installed JDK? Check this blog by shabharish for more help:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/13/unable-to-open-iresrid-xipipi-71-updated-for-pi-71-support

To set IE as you default browser, in the browser go to <b>Tools</b>--><b>Internet options</b>, click on the <b>Programs</b> tab then Click the <b>Reset Web Settings</b> button. If you want to check each time if IE is the default browser, check the box which says "IE should check if it is the default browser"

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chandra,

Thanks for your inputs. I was working with XI quite will previously. But all of a sudden this problem came. Now with your inputs I am able to set Internet Explorer as a default browser for XI. But now the prblem shifted as

"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IES\W00VAERY\repository[1].jnlp" is not a valid Win32 applicaiton

I have deleted all temporary internet files and the moment I click on repository the above problem still persists. Any inputs in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards

Ravindra