cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Receiver - Insertions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I want to use JDBC adapter to insert data in an Oracle database. Inbound message is an idoc.

My question concerns the error handling following an insertion failed. Example : entry key already exists...

If possible I want to use asynchronous interface without BPM. I see the JDBC adapter ability to execute more than one time the query... Once last retry mechanism fails, how does XI react ? Is The message considered as an error one ?

Is it possible to reprocess it later ?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>

Once last retry mechanism fails, how does XI react ? Is The message considered as an error one ?</i>

>>>After last retry it will go for failure status..

To handle errors :

1) Using Sync Interface- here you can use stored procedure also for this. SO in this case, JDBC adapter will give you the response back

2) To handle alert for the Adapter level-if you want to handle errors , you can go with either Adapter Alerts without BPM. If any error in the adapter level , because of insertion failure it will throw alert.

3) With BPM -Send with Acknowledgement.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like mentioned in your case, use an UPDATE_INSERT.

Just take a look at the documentation in this link to understand this better,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok ! INSERT_UPDATE solve all my pbs of duplicate keys.

I missed it in the documentation

Thanks to you all.

Message was edited by: Jean-Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Charles,

When you put data in DataBase, you can use two ways:

- INSERT

- UPDATE_INSERT.

By using the 2nd one, if your data already exist, then it will be updated, else data will be inserted. And thus you will not have such an error and maybe a synchronous flow could be avoid.

Mickael