cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I modify the EAR which was deployed in Web AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have deployed an EAR (SampleEAR) which contains one Ejb(SampleEJB) which internally contains one Business logic method. And I have made that Session bean a web service .That method returns "Sucess".Now what i have done is i have opened jar file in the "

F:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\SamplePrjEAR\EJBContainer\applicationjars" named "SampleProject" and replaced the SampleSessionBean class file with the modified class file(I have just modified the Business logic in that method that is now it should return "Failure"). Then i have tried running the webservice but still it is returning "Success" instead of Failure. so pls help me out the way of doing it. Is there any more changes i required to do to achieve the same.

Regards,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you use the IDE to edit the project directly from there and after to repackage and to redeploy the application?

best regards,

mladen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly I agree with Mladen, you should use the IDE to make changes, repackage and deploy. It's never a good idea to patch jars that way.

Have you tried updating/restarting the service after you deployed the change?

regards,

Dion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, sometimes that's exactly how we used to make changes when an ear took a long time to deploy. Mostly, its the cache in the server that causes the problem. Its a long shot but you can try restarting the server once.

Obviously, what Dion suggested is the best

Regards,

Anindita