cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've a reqiurement where the input file will be in XML format and output will go into 3 different tables in the database using JDBC adapter. My question is, do I need BPM for this or can I get away with message/XSLT mapping?

Thanks,

Anika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anika,

Please go trough these threads and see if it helps...

Regards,

Abhy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without BPM you can do this.

1)You can go with JDBC receiver structure with multiple tables .. During mapping you can do this with the help of JDBC structure.

2)You can split the input xml file into 3 different database messages and then you can insert with 3 jdbc receiver communication channel.

3)Or you can go with one input xml and one jdbc receiver message with stored procedure.

Document format required for the receiver jdbc structure-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anika,

Is all these tables in the same system or 3 different business systems ?

You can do this by having n number of message interfaces and n number of mapppings. You can add n Interface mappings in the interface determination if the end system is single system.

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

We cannot ask customer to develop a stored procedure for this. What other options we have?

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anika,

YOu need not use a BPM here.Mapping would do,

When you push the data into more than one table , I think you are looking for joining of tables isnt it?

In the mapping you call the stored procedures on data base side. Here mapping gonna b crucial.

Thanks

Kiran