cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP to SAP integration need XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are in doubt: is XI necessary (or, in other words, is it commonly used), for example, to connect SAP CRM to SAP ECC for exchange standard information?

thanks for your help!

regards!

roberti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waldemar,

Please see this.. A similar discussion

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Prashanth, marked as helpfull.

I folow the link and read the discussion, but I didn´t understand about the solution. They were talking about a "CRM middleware", I found that it is a tool for replicating CRM data to other applications, but it is not what I'm really searching for.

I'm asking your help about to know how to connect two SAP systems (CRM to ECC was only an example, suppose it could be HR to CRM or CRM to MM, etc...). I think there is another way to connect them without XI, I think it could be something using RFC, but I'm not sure about it.

My pourpose is to explain (to our project team) about the possibilities connecting SAP to SAP systems and SAP to Legacy systems. Now I'm in doubt if there is another possibility to connect SAP to SAP instead XI.

Thanks!

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waldemar,

this is really a very big theme.

No, you don't need XI. There are a lot of competitive products on the market (TIBCO, WBi etc).

But you got advantages connecting SAP systems via XI (IDOC, RFC, ABAP Proxy).

Is is not easy to give you an answer. Because it depends on your belongings.

For more information:

http://www.sap-press.de/katalog/buecher/titel/gp/titelID-516?GalileoSession=58047435A2.wU6.Qf98

(unfortunately in german. I guess it it also available in english)

http://www.sap-press.de/katalog/buecher/titel/gp/titelID-906?GalileoSession=58047435A2.wU6.Qf98

Another idea:

Go e.g. in a crm forum and post your question.

Regards Mario

Message was edited by: Mario Müller

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP is recommending to use XI to avoid point-to-point connection between two SAP systems like R/3 and SRM etc..

And there is already predelivered content for CRM,SRM etc..

So it is prefer to use XI , if there is XI in place in your landscape for the SAP to SRM etc integration.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your opinions!

here we have a really big community to share knowledge and opinions, it's very good to see it!

cheers!

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were are the radio buttons to give points?